Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LG Section Approach

gabes900-1gabes900-1 Member
in Logic Games 855 karma

Hello all,

I have been foolproofing the games from 1-35 recently and have seen significant improvement in my overall LG performance. When I started studying, I could barely answer a couple questions and would just stare at the games not knowing what to do. So, thanks 7sage for the wonderful study tips and resources for this section. I used to get anywhere from -15 to -9 wrong per section and now I am going roughly -3 to -6 wrong on fresh timed sections.

My approach recently has been to scan the section games to see which one is the weird/misc game. If I am able to succeed on this first step, I will skip around this one game, complete the other, more standard games (sequencing, grouping, in/out), and, then, leave the last weird game for the end. If I can complete the other three games in roughly 3.5 to 8 mins depending on difficulty, I will then have a lot of extra time at the end of the section to attack a weirder/misc game.

Does anyone else employ this kind of LG section approach?

Comments

• acatuneaacatunea Member
    edited November 2021 144 karma

I personally don't take this approach, but it doesn't seem like there is anything wrong with doing so. I usually just do the section in order, skip a game and come back to it at the end if I am stumped.

I have been trying to practice each type of game according to my personal strengths/weaknesses (spend more practicing game types I struggle with), that way it doesn't really matter which order I do the games in if I am equally comfortable with all.

But usually skip the misc games!

Good luck if you're writing in November!! :)

• gabes900-1gabes900-1 Member
    855 karma

That’s an good approach too i presume. I’m not taking in November—not PTing at my goal score yet.

But, I wish you best of luck in your studies as well!

• DMoneyyyDMoneyyy Member
    99 karma

There's a similar approach mentioned by BurtReynolds on the recent 7Sage podcast (I listen to these on SoundCloud): Preview games 1 and 2, size them up and take on the easier one first to build confidence, and then do the same for games 3 and 4 - usually doing 3 first as there's a higher likelihood of game 4 having some quirks. Seems as though the confidence you can get by hitting the easier games first outweighs any loss of time from having to flip through a bit.

Check it out, and good luck in your studies!

855 karma

@DMoneyyy said:
    There's a similar approach mentioned by BurtReynolds on the recent 7Sage podcast (I listen to these on SoundCloud): Preview games 1 and 2, size them up and take on the easier one first to build confidence, and then do the same for games 3 and 4 - usually doing 3 first as there's a higher likelihood of game 4 having some quirks. Seems as though the confidence you can get by hitting the easier games first outweighs any loss of time from having to flip through a bit.

Check it out, and good luck in your studies!

Hi, thanks for the information. I will check it out for sure! I hope your studies go well too.

855 karma

Update: Still foolproofing and noticed that it is very beneficial to foolproof sections when foolproofing games.

Example, If you foolproof a new LG section from one of the sections of the 1-35 PTs, and you get questions wrong on game 4, for example, what I do, is, instead of foolproofing that one game, I will foolproof that one game but re-doing the entire section over and over (with that game included) until I have mastered that game. This gives me more exposure to games I've already conquered, but it works that section muscle that is required of you on test day as well. In other words, I am constantly testing/foolproofing section ability as well, not just individual games. Some may ask: why? Because on test day, or during PTs, you are not only required to have game types down, but you need to be able to operate smoothly, and efficiently, through an entire section with four games, and some of them being different types.