Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should you map stimulus on Logical reasoning?

HizekielHizekiel Live Member

For tougher questions, do you recommend mapping the stimulus and answer choices so the answers are more clear like J.Y does in review? I'm just wondering because I feel like it will take a lot longer, but the answers you get will be more accurate.

Comments

• gabes900-1gabes900-1 Member
    855 karma

This is a tough one. Because I find myself sometimes doing this but it is also indicative of my lack of high understanding of the conditional logic, relata, or language in the stimulus. But, at the same time, if I want that extra point, and I know I can get it if I map out my conditionals, then I will give it a go.

I would say, if you are not at a mastered understanding of mapping conditionals, then definitely map them out on timed drills and BR sessions of those questions. But, if you have some of it so down that you can do it while reading it, then don’t map. It all depends on the test taker though and where they are in the journey.

• Jordan JohnsonJordan Johnson Member
    edited November 2021 686 karma

@Hizekiel You should diagram/map it on paper unless you can do it in your head with a nearly perfect score every time.

I diagram less than I used to, but as soon as there’s a bit of doubt on a question, it seems worth the extra few seconds to write it out. Sometimes it just helps me to be sure that I’m actively reading and I don’t actually refer to what I’ve written.

When there are more than three variables in a stimulus, or there are a bunch of double-negatives to keep track of, I start writing things down regardless of how well I think I can keep it all in my head.

Hope that helps!