Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it better to focus on one question type for a while or jump around?

denzoyldenzoyl Member
in General 12 karma

I just finished my fifth PT and am really happy with how I'm progressing, but still have a lot of room for improvement. I've been diligently using my analytics to identify which content sections I need to review/what types of questions to drill, but am wondering if it's better to do my studying in sections (ex. do 5 days of RC, three days of MBT/MBF questions, 2 days of RRE questions, etc.) before my next PT (I've been taking one every two weeks), or jump around (RC one day, MBT/MBF the next, RRE the third day, LG the fourth, then back to RC, for ex.).

Any ideas? I really want to study as efficiently as possible but am still not sure what works best for me.

Study Schedule Strategies
  1. How do you review content/drill when you have multiple question types to work on?26 votes
    1. I do one thing for days at a time
      34.62%
    2. I jump around from day to day
      65.38%

Comments

• Jordan JohnsonJordan Johnson Member
    686 karma

Drilling one specific question type is helpful if you’ve consistently gotten that question type wrong on timed PTs/sections over multiple PTs.

Otherwise, I’d “jump around” more, since you’ll have to constantly switch gears on the real test, and knowing which categor(ies) you’re drilling removes the question-type identification step from the equation.

Hope that helps!

• gabes900-1gabes900-1 Member
    855 karma

I agree with above. If something is consistently tripping you up, drill it intensively before other sections. Otherwise, jump around

• clear227clear227 Core Member
    edited November 2021 350 karma

This is what I did and I basically think it’s the entire reason behind my 10+ point improvement:

I took my five worst question types from each section and created problem sets based on them.

Let’s say analytics told me my worst LR were MBT, MBF, PSA, Weaken, and Strengthen. I would make a problem set with 5 of each question type (25 questions total) and do it timed.

The same also applies to logic games - I would make problem sets of my 4 weakest game types.

I would do two timed “targeted sets” a day.

Monday: weakest LR set and weakest LG set

Tuesday: CR set and weakest LR set

Wednesday: weakest LG set and weakest LR set

Thursday: CR set and weakest LG set

Then pt 1-2 times per week to feed analytics.

• cpeaks13cpeaks13 Core Member
    496 karma

@clear227 by CR did u mean RC or is this something new i dont even know about lol

• clear227clear227 Core Member
    350 karma

Yes. Reading Comp = Critical Reading.