Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Random November LSAT technical question?

megzy217megzy217 Core Member

I called LSAC, and they weren't sure. I'm going to give ProctorU a call later, but wanted to see if any recent test-takers knew. The directions include downloading an applet in the middle of steps. I should have admin access on my work laptop. I downloaded and completed the PSI Secure Browser for writing and didn't have to enter admin info. I've been trying to find forbidden software to download and test but nothing I can find requires my organization's sign-in. Long story short...can we install that piece of software before the exam? It would make me feel better to do so, but I didn't know if there would be some kind of problem if I did so beforehand. Curious if anyone had tried or asked about it is all.

Comments

• Jordan JohnsonJordan Johnson Member
    edited November 2021 686 karma

If you have admin access, you should be fine.

The program for the actual exam is called "Support-LogMeInRescue" (different from the software for the Writing Sample). You might be able to find a way to download it through ProctorU or a quick Google search, to make sure there won't be any issues on test day.

Hope that helps!

• megzy217megzy217 Core Member
    67 karma

@"Jordan Johnson" said:
    If you have admin access, you should be fine.

The program for the actual exam is called "Support-LogMeInRescue" (different from the software for the Writing Sample). You might be able to find a way to download it through ProctorU or a quick Google search, to make sure there won't be any issues on test day.

Hope that helps!

I'm hoping so. I keep downloading random programs and running things as admin. It doesn't ask me to log in, so I was hoping to trigger that. It may just work anyway. Thanks so much!