Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Technical Difficulties during November 2021 LSAT

crome111crome111 Core Member
in General 20 karma

I just finished my test and I am extremely upset and disappointed. The first half of the exam went well and I had no issues at all. However, after the 10 minute intermission I continuously got a message saying that the page was unresponsive (by continuously I mean several times within the minute). So basically, the whole second half of the test I lost a lot of my time and was distracted. I'm still hoping I somehow do good but the experience was horrible and if I had to test again I would wait to test in person. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Comments

• jalva406jalva406 Core Member
    6 karma

I had the same experience with my test! Still had time to finish but don't know if the distraction affected my score.

• LEKPK222LEKPK222 Member
    46 karma

I had the same thing. I asked my proctor for help and she was able to fix it. It was very distracting though, and I had to flag about 5 questions in a row to come back to once I was able to focus again.

• byul1000byul1000 Member
    78 karma

Same thing happened to me. After a few minutes I was able to get my proctor to pause and reset and it didn’t happen again, but I lost time and really disrupted my flow. I was able to finish but definitely had a lot of anxiety about the lost time and was panicky for the remainder of the test. You can contact LSAC to try to get a free retake. I personally don’t want to retake it bc I am just totally spent, but if you think it really hurt your score you can give it a shot! I’m curious if this will be reflected in the curve or not — knowing more people will take it later after they potentially resolve the bug I hope Friday test takers don’t get totally thrown out of the curve :(

• DK123456DK123456 Member
    edited November 2021 130 karma

Same thing! It started on second section...I told my proctor on break but he was like "oh don't worry, just click 'Wait' You need to finish the test and call LSAC after." He even had to talk to me about it for like 30 seconds into the beginning of the LG section. This continued to happen all the way until the end of my test. Text was completely blocked and I couldn't select answer choices until I acknowledged the stupid pop ups. Called LSAC and now I am in limbo...I feel a little tramautized by the whole experience to be honest.

There is no way this is going to count, I am going to make sure of it. I was totally impaired.

• zhentz19zhentz19 Member
    10 karma

I had the same issue on part 2, more so on section 4 than 3. After letting it waste an ungodly amount of time I eventually asked my proctor about it and it was resolved.

• Nice_homeNice_home Member
    83 karma

I want to encourage all of you. I had the same issue. (My friend had a similar issue with the October test for which the server crashed in Section 4 and he was given the opportunity for a free retake several days later.)

Because I knew this happened to my friend in Oct, I asked him what to do. He said call LSAC. Up to this point I was extremely frazzled. (The "unresponsive" popup hit me somewhere between 30 to 100+ times during Section 4.)

However LSAC was already aware of the issue. The rep promised me I am eligible for the retake later this month. I told her this was extremely stressful and she apologized deeply/kindly. I felt much better after that.

So I encourage anyone who is frazzled as I was to contact LSAC and discuss your options. They are well aware of the issue and I believe they can help you with some sort of resolution (although not ideal because of the stress and strain involved in every sitting, I personally will likely go the retake route).

• aedwardsss23aedwardsss23 Member
    4 karma

I had the same issue. It popped up at the end of section 1 and then for a good portion of section 2. It completely threw me off for those two sections.

• yazminseyazminse Member
    193 karma

for those that this happened to are you guys filing a complaint?
    it kicked me out of my first section and when I got back to it, I had lost considerable time.

• domm2222domm2222 Member
    72 karma

Hi I also had issues, got interrupted sections 3 and 4

• helmholtz99helmholtz99 Core Member
    71 karma

anyone know why this is happening and how to avoid it?

• PatBackkPatBackk Core Member
    198 karma

when you guys asked the proctor to stop the pop ups did you ask through chat or verbally?

• nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma

This thread is brutal! I take Sunday at 6:40 am. Went to proctorU to check equipment...they said my internet speed was too slow. Tech had me restart router....6 hours now and I have no internet service. Booking a hotel, Tonite! Sorry to everyone who had problems.

• kareenarsatiakareenarsatia Member
    39 karma

I will be taking the Nov 2021 LSAT. I am worried that this will happen during my test. In that case, do you suggest taking the entire test and then calling LSAC or calling LSAC midway through the test?

• keepstudyingkeepstudying Member
    12 karma

I think my Proctor was not a real person but a robot. I started with a real human but transferred to something named "something3-Watcher". Is it even possible to get a robot as a proctor?

• DK123456DK123456 Member
    130 karma

@kareenarsatia - I hope you and everyone else's test goes off without a hitch. I wouldn't worry about things that are out of your control - stay positive and focus on the test.

If it does happen, I would advise your proctor and see if they can reset your exam. Based on what I perosnally experienced and what I've read here, they either will or wont do this for you upon request. Regardless, if you experience technical difficulties like the ones described above at all during your test, I would finish the exam and call LSAC afterwards. Unless it is approved by the proctor, I would not recommend reaching for your phone at all during the test.

Thinking of you all today. Give 'em hell.

• whatsmynamewhatsmyname Member
    edited November 2021 606 karma

I had this issue yesterday, a random lawhub error that kept on coming and going. Proctor couldn't make it go away by refreshing the page - it kept on coming back.

There's an official complaint form. Fill it out and then call them.

LSAC contact staff is amazing so I can only send them love, but at the end of the day this is a separate issue and we pay a lot of money for this. It's only right we have a fair testing experience.

• crome111crome111 Core Member
    20 karma

@kareenarsatia said:
    I will be taking the Nov 2021 LSAT. I am worried that this will happen during my test. In that case, do you suggest taking the entire test and then calling LSAC or calling LSAC midway through the test?

I truly hope you did not encounter any issues during your test. For reference for future test takers: I strongly recommend you do not reach for your phone to call LSAC during your test at all unless you have already given up on your test and all you want is a retake. Additionally, choose wisely whether to ask your proctor for help or not. Not all proctors are the same and not all of them will resolve your issue in a timely manner. My personal experience with asking the proctor for help was regretful. I described my issue and asked for assistance during the 60sec intermission between the 3rd and 4th sections. My proctor took some time to respond and as I was waiting for him/her to solve the issue I went back to the testing window and noticed my test had begun and I had already lost 3 minutes. At that point I just continued with my test to not waste any more time and the issue continued all throughout the 4th section. The best advice I can give you is (1) choose wisely and quickly if you want to contact LSAC and just retake or if you want to continue despite the tech issue and (2) if you do choose to continue take deep breaths and control your emotions as much as possible.

Best of luck to everyone testing in the future. I really hope ProctorU and LawHub work on these kinds of issues because it is honestly unfair that someone of us had to deal with this.

• Matt BlevinsMatt Blevins Member
    6 karma

This was my second time taking the LSAT, and this time it was a disaster. During the second section, the dreaded "connection lost pop-up" box kept reappearing which prevented me from focusing. It did this about 20-30 times. I told the proctor about it, and I was told that nothing could be done, so keep going. So I did, and then began the third section. The proctor somehow got disconnected completely and my exam was halted. After being connected to an entirely new proctor and trying to talk to them, I was allowed to resume but could not regain my focus at all.

I was absolutely livid and ended up fighting with a dismissive/careless LSAC representative over the phone. I filed a complaint, and it was granted on Sunday and I have rescheduled to take the exam on November 23rd. I'm just really shocked by the attitude of the LSAC regarding such a serious issue. They were at fault for disrupting hundreds of test-takers and they have the audacity to be nonchalant about it?

They need to make arrangements for the test to be taken in-person if this problem persists.

• edited November 2021 10 karma

@mablevins08 said:
    This was my second time taking the LSAT, and this time it was a disaster. During the second section, the dreaded "connection lost pop-up" box kept reappearing which prevented me from focusing. It did this about 20-30 times. I told the proctor about it, and I was told that nothing could be done, so keep going. So I did, and then began the third section. The proctor somehow got disconnected completely and my exam was halted. After being connected to an entirely new proctor and trying to talk to them, I was allowed to resume but could not regain my focus at all.

I was absolutely livid and ended up fighting with a dismissive/careless LSAC representative over the phone. I filed a complaint, and it was granted on Sunday and I have rescheduled to take the exam on November 23rd. I'm just really shocked by the attitude of the LSAC regarding such a serious issue. They were at fault for disrupting hundreds of test-takers and they have the audacity to be nonchalant about it?

They need to make arrangements for the test to be taken in-person if this problem persists.

I had terrible problems as well. It wouldn’t allow me to use the highlight tool, choose answers, or navigate through questions. And, on top of that, my timer kept freezing and would jump every few minutes. My proctor didn’t pause my exam and was trying to fix the issue as my time was counting down, causing me to lose close to 6 mins on one section. He also didn’t respond to me for 8+ minutes in another section.

Luckily, the woman I spoke with at LSAC was apologetic and accommodating — sorry you had a different experience. I’m glad they’re allowing the retest on the 23rd bc I think I lost 10 minutes overall.