Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚖ Official November 2021 LSAT Discussion Thread ⚖

Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
edited November 2021 in November 2021 LSAT 5740 karma

Hey 7Sagers,

Here's the official November 2021 LSAT Discussion Thread.

REMINDER: Under your Candidate Agreement, you may not discuss the details of any specific LSAT questions at any time. For the November LSAT, general discussion of what sections you had, or how difficult you found a given section, or speculation about which sections were scored or unscored, is prohibited until after 9pm ET, Tuesday, November 16.

Posts that violate these rules will be taken down and may result in disciplinary action from LSAC. Let’s work together to ensure the test is fair to everyone, and not share information before everyone has taken the test.

Some examples of typical comments:

The following comments are okay 🙆‍♀️
- the section on Cambodian woodworking really had me second guessing everything.
- a few of the games had me confused but think I was okay.
- overall fair test, struggled on a couple of RC passages (damn you polymorphic molecules) but think I was okay hoping for a -2 or -3

The following comments are over the line 🙅‍♂️
- the passage on Cambodian woodworking didn’t count.
- I had Cambodian woodworking, Fireflies, and rice farming in Iowa so Lithuanian Lithograph Libraries was experimental.
- fair test but struggled on a couple RC passages (polymorphic molecules anyone? Thankfully it didn’t count). Don’t want to take again in Jan
- Anyone know if Polygamist Societies in the 1880s was real or experimental?
- Please tell me that polygon dice game didn’t count

Good luck to everyone taking the November LSAT!

Please keep all discussions of the November 2021 LSAT here!

Comments

• ShuttahgawdShuttahgawd Live Member
    127 karma

Good Luck to everyone! Don't forget to breath!

• PatBackkPatBackk Core Member
    198 karma

You guys GOT THIS! Remember how much work you have put in to this point! We can do it!

• Good Luck Everyone

• KbrookssKbrookss Member
    edited November 2021 106 karma

Let's get it done!

• 308 karma

Good luck everyone, we got this!!!

• Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
    1417 karma

Good luck everyone!! :)

• Good luck everyone!!!

• KaylanieKaylanie Member
    53 karma

We can do this! Good luck everyone!!

• tylersperinotylersperino Member
    24 karma

Good luck everyone. May everyone get the scores they have been hoping to achieve!

• Darien022Darien022 Member
    129 karma

woahh

• 308 karma

Brutal

• reysoflightreysoflight Core Member
    6 karma

Love the support ya'll. We got this

• Future_EsqFuture_Esq Member
    66 karma

I'm feeling a bit shaken after that.

• samsoobinsamsoobin Core Member
    15 karma

What the hell was that lmao

• lazarus7lazarus7 Alum Member
    edited November 2021 207 karma

uh oh. I am starting to see a common theme here.

• karin.michaelkarin.michael Member
    65 karma

So sorry to hear about the unfortunate encounters some have had with the exam! That said, if you are taking your test tomorrow (like myself), don't let this frazzle you. Each person will have a different encounter with the exam, and just because some struggled doesn't mean you will, too. Trust that you have done your part as much as you were able until this moment, and let tomorrow take its course. This is JUST an exam, and it's JUST one score. Not the end of the world. Good things are hard and take time, so don't let a score like this define you. You're doing great! Best of luck to everyone taking the exam--prayers going out!

• jessedamos-1jessedamos-1 Member
    26 karma

Apparently we should be using Firefox since the pop up issue is only happening on Chrome

• Dzzy12328Dzzy12328 Core Member
    56 karma

I'm nervous for Sunday.

• Ashley2018-1Ashley2018-1 Live Member
    edited November 2021 2249 karma

@"karin.michael" said:
    So sorry to hear about the unfortunate encounters some have had with the exam! That said, if you are taking your test tomorrow (like myself), don't let this frazzle you. Each person will have a different encounter with the exam, and just because some struggled doesn't mean you will, too. Trust that you have done your part as much as you were able until this moment, and let tomorrow take its course. This is JUST an exam, and it's JUST one score. Not the end of the world. Good things are hard and take time, so don't let a score like this define you. You're doing great! Best of luck to everyone taking the exam--prayers going out!

@"karin.michael" said:

I know you’re trying to be encouraging but for me this test is the difference between having a minimum wage job and having a shot at a 200k+ per year career so I am damned nervous.

• karin.michaelkarin.michael Member
    65 karma

@Ashley2018 said:

@"karin.michael" said:

@"karin.michael" said:

I know you’re trying to be encouraging but for me this test is the difference between having a minimum wage job and having a shot at a 200k+ per year career so I am damned nervous.

Don't get me wrong--it's much easier said than done, and I say this with my heart rate higher than the roof. But there have been people that studied day and night, done all they can, and still underperformed. My point is: things will not always go our way. There are times they can, and times they can't. But the key to success isn't getting it right from the first time (although that's nice), but to keep on going if you want it bad enough and for the right reasons. It seems, from your response, that you DO want it and are doing your best. That's enough. Yes, a score still matters, but things work out for the best in due time to those that are faithful in what they do and patient with the process. Breathe. You got this and will be the best dang attorney they've ever seen!

• CashhhyyyCashhhyyy Core Member
    583 karma

I just wanted to let everyone know, the "it was super hard" comments you'll see those at EVERY LSAT EXAM. Don't let it scare you.

• byul1000byul1000 Member
    78 karma

Hi everyone taking the exam this weekend! I took the test today and I just want to spread some positive encouraging energy to others on their way in. I had the technical issue occur and was able to resolve it by swiftly asking my proctor in the chat to pause the exam and reset. They did and I lost some time but overall it did not destroy me. It certainly frazzled me, but it sounds like LSAC has resolved it and you all should hopefully be fine the rest of the weekend! My exam felt totally on par with recent PTs. You are as prepared for this as any other recent PT! Remember: your nerves are just reminding you that this is important to you, and you can use that to your benefit. Try to channel the nerves into positive excitement to watch yourself flow through it. It’s amazing what your brain can and will do. Trust yourself! You got this!!

• 316 karma

Hi everyone! Congrats on finishing the exam! I didn't experience any technical issues, but I ate something I was allergic to the night before and was up from like 4 AM - noon throwing up on and off! I just wanted to say how much a positive mindset helped me get through it. I like to workout or run before studying and have before every single practice test, but today I couldn't. I also couldn't eat anything because of the allergic reaction I had, and I had my day planned to every 15 minute interval! That all went out the window, but by reminding myself that I have studied for hundreds of hours, and that not having food in my system, or not sticking to my typical routine, could not supersede the amount of work I put in, I was able to stay positive. I just kept reminding myself that this is why I put in the extra hours, just in case of a curveball. So try to trust your training, and remind yourself that even if there's a "curveball", you've worked hard enough to get a base-hit regardless! The time spent studying is the most important part, and all that work is done!

• paulina.kanburiyan-1paulina.kanburiyan-1 Core Member
    11 karma

@mattwhitworth56 glad to hear you rocked it!!!! all the countless hours put in... nothing can be stronger that that :)

• clear227clear227 Core Member
    350 karma

How long did it take you to get back in between breaks? I waited for 20 minutes with no response, was afraid something went wrong.

• whatsmynamewhatsmyname Member
    edited November 2021 606 karma

I had a super annoying, disruptive lawhub error pop-up come up over a dozen times. Does LSAT have make-up dates? I heard they did make up exams for October takers with test issues.

ProctorU person was just like "write an email after".

I filed an official complaint but their available options are just insane - keep your score or get a voucher for the future???? Are you kidding me? I need this test score, but it wasn't proper, and I cant postpone.

Besides writing to them, any suggestions? I feel like I won't have a fair outcome and it's making me so upset.

• msaleebymsaleeby Free Trial Member
    32 karma

@whatsmyname said:
    I had a super annoying, disruptive lawhub error pop-up come up over a dozen times. Does LSAT have make-up dates? I heard they did make up exams for October takers with test issues.

I filed an official complaint but their available options are just insane - keep your score or get a voucher for the future???? Are you kidding me? I need this test score, I cant postpone.

Their policy totally sucks - and we're paying through our asses for this service.

Besides writing to them, any suggestions? I feel like I won't have a fair outcome and it's making me so upset.

He did you take the test on Friday or today? I heard others filed a complaint and will possibly be given a retake on the 23rd. Did you use Chrome?

edited November 2021 606 karma

@msaleeby said:

@whatsmyname said:

I filed an official complaint but their available options are just insane - keep your score or get a voucher for the future???? Are you kidding me? I need this test score, I cant postpone.

Their policy totally sucks - and we're paying through our asses for this service.

He did you take the test on Friday or today? I heard others filed a complaint and will possibly be given a retake on the 23rd. Did you use Chrome?

Yes, I used chrome and it was yesterday! Wow, I'm glad I'm not alone. Thanks so much for replying

• 362 karma

I took the test yesterday and used Firefox and had a horrible experience with tech issues. Glad i am not the only one.

Side note: For People who get up here and say that your test is hard how about keep that to yourselves until others have taken the test after Tuesday. It’s people on here who you could possibly make nervous, that’s kind of like transferring your fears onto another because you didn’t like how the test made you feel or it messed with your confidence. Keep that negativity to yourself.

For the people who have not taken the test yet, I pray all goes well and you rock this test. You studied and you have done all you could do. This test is not make or break and if you feel like it is, please get over yourself lol. Don’t let miserable people bring you down. Keep grinding! We all will get to where we need to be. Just have faith, discipline, consistency, perseverance, and patience. You will make it. If you’ve ever been through struggles in life you will not let this test make you crazy like i often see on this thread. Be well 🙏🏿😎

• 296 karma

I did not have technical issues, but I had a bad proctoring experience that I felt potentially impacted my score in one of my sections. Does this justify a complaint? @whatsmyname and @msaleeby how did you file?

606 karma

@determinedpugrat said:
    I did not have technical issues, but I had a bad proctoring experience that I felt potentially impacted my score in one of my sections. Does this justify a complaint? @whatsmyname and @msaleeby how did you file?

When I was filing, the drop down had a ProctorU option amongst others. Go to LSAC JD login, then go down to previous lsats. Under November 2021, there's a complaint link.

If you have reasons to believe it affected you unfairly, then it seems appropriate to file. It's at their discretion at the end of the day and there are no guarantees.

• msaleebymsaleeby Free Trial Member
    32 karma

@whatsmyname said:

@determinedpugrat said:

When I was filing, the drop down had a ProctorU option amongst others. Go to LSAC JD login, then go down to previous lsats. Under November 2021, there's a complaint link.

If you have reasons to believe it affected you unfairly, then it seems appropriate to file. It's at their discretion at the end of the day and there are no guarantees.

Same, through the link.

• ledkarlyledkarly Member
    483 karma

I had 2 RC sections.

• hashbrownghashbrowng Core Member
    6 karma

@Cashhhyyy said:
    I just wanted to let everyone know, the "it was super hard" comments you'll see those at EVERY LSAT EXAM. Don't let it scare you.

Thank you for this. You're right, I need to STOP stressing.

• Squeen123Squeen123 Member
    38 karma

@tylersperino said:
    Good luck everyone. May everyone get the scores they have been hoping to achieve!

Amen!!

• erierijonaerierijona Member
    29 karma

Good luck everybody!!! Wishing all of you the best and everyone here should be proud of all the work they've put in so far. No matter what happens we will keep pushing! Go out and get what's yours!

• tanneragletanneragle Core Member
    15 karma

Just got out of my test a few minutes ago. DON'T READ IN TO THE HORROR STORIES. You have NOTHING to fear!

Positive experience here: no issues at all on Firefox on PC. Proctor was kind and only messed with my mouse once during the test, briefly. LG were very straightforward, borderline easy (although I think I missed a silly one). I had one LR section first that was tough but another that was a total breeze. RC is challenging I won't lie to you, but really only one passage is above average difficulty and the others are very easy to follow.

I was so nervous last night, doomscrolling all the forums, but honestly I feel pretty good about my test overall. People worry like this on every test. You've got this!

• nathanohallorannathanohalloran Core Member
    9 karma

LGs were a bit tough for me. The LRs were not too bad with a few, as expected, that stumped me. RC is no different than usual. If you studied you will do fine.

• ImranRabbaniImranRabbani Core Member
    11 karma

No different than recent practice tests as mentioned in earlier comments. If you studied, you'll do great. Wishing everyone luck.

606 karma

If you go on reddit, it looks like hundreds of people had those popups.

• I need advice. I felt SOOOO GOOD during the first half of the exam. Like never before, I felt incredible. Had that upper 160 feeling. After the break, however, the proctor said my chatbox was disconnected. It took over an hour and a half and speaking to 6 different proctors to finally get back into the exam. After that, my mojo was completely gone and drained. I couldn't focus on anything. Couldn't process what I was reading. I felt as if I was taking a diagnostic again. What are my options? Can I ask for a re-take? This was the second and final time I planned on writing after a 162 in August. I feel so defeated and crushed. This feeling sucks. I am so sad.

• jerslanderjerslander Member
    146 karma

Used Chrome, had a popup once in my second section, but I was already finished and double checking so no harm done. I went through three proctors for some reason but all were pretty chill. LR-RC-LG-RC. Felt fine more or less through the whole thing but I was aiming for a really high score. Going to have to decide whether to cancel depending on Powerscore's curve predictions.

• KbrookssKbrookss Member
    106 karma

My proctor messed up my confidence as soon as i started and threw me off my game. How do i address the concern. Test was difficult for me after my first 5 min because of my proctor

• Jahn.SnowJahn.Snow Member
    316 karma

I had LR-RC-LG-RC

I actually thought the LR was on the tougher side (not impossible, but I struggled a bit more than I'm used to), the first RC was so easy but the second I thought was tough. I'm really really hoping the first RC was the actual one and that the second was the experimental. The LG was fine, nothing crazy.

Good luck to everyone who us about to take it, and to everyone who has- congrats on finishing! :)

• 30 karma

@"Jahn.Snow" said:
    I had LR-RC-LG-RC

I actually thought the LR was on the tougher side (not impossible, but I struggled a bit more than I'm used to), the first RC was so easy but the second I thought was tough. I'm really really hoping the first RC was the actual one and that the second was the experimental. The LG was fine, nothing crazy.

Good luck to everyone who us about to take it, and to everyone who has- congrats on finishing! :)

Had the exact same experience here, glad I wasn't the only one that thought one of those RC sections was tough! Hoping that a good performance on LG can carry my score if the tougher RC section was in fact the scored section.

• fin..501fin..501 Member
    edited November 2021 125 karma

ProctorU was completely fine, no issues at all except the guy was a no show for like 3 min after I finished. Firefox no pop-ups.
    RC-LG-LR-RC, first RC was rap (easy) second was Native Americans. That RC section could realistically break my goal score depending but we'll see what happens. Standard LG and standard LR but leaning towards hard. No idea what the content was in LR or LG. Questions and games probably.
    Realized after taking this that I have no real way of gauging how well I did because I never think about it after practice tests!! Should I have been practicing that too? We will see in 2 weeks

• kelly_9876kelly_9876 Core Member
    144 karma

!TW! Horror story ahead... Advert your eyes.

This was my third time writing the LSAT, I have used the same form of photo ID every time. My Proctor claimed it was not an accepted form of ID and asked for my passport. My Government issued drivers license did not pass the test. I told him I did not own a valid passport and he told me to wait while he got confirmation that my ID would suffice.

Thinking I wouldn't be able to write then ten minutes later, he agreed that yes my ID could be accepted. So carried on.

LR-RC, went great, felt strong. Returning from my break. I went through the security screening again and then instead of entering the password allowing me to continue, the Proctor exited the window. She then spent some time trying to get back in but ProctorU was not responding. Well 45 minutes later and being passed around to 4 different tech support workers, ProctorU insisted my computer was failing to connect to their software and that my camera wasn't working. I explained how I had successfully passed all tech tests prior to today and that I just successfully wrote half of my exam without issue. She indicated that we needed to restart my computer.

Once my computer restarted, the ProctorU chat box came up right away. The same tech support woman let me know that my computer was still the issue. I had a sneaking suspicion that my computer had never been the issue, ProctorU just did not want to admit to their failures. She gave me two options, to switch to a another computer that I own or reschedule my test. I do not own a second computer, as this one is new and high functioning. I did not agree to a reschedule and instead I asked AGAIN how this could be an issue on my end?

Without a response, the exam popped up and told me I was set to begin the 3rd section within 59 seconds. I was grateful that I could finish and utterly surprised. Talk about an emotional rollercoaster. That being said my final two sections were LG-RC. LG I generally score -2/-3 and I felt as though I bombed. I had already checked out mentally, I tried to check my emotions and get my head in the game but I simply couldn't. Going into the last RC I was distraught. A year of studying, time, energy and money potentially all down the drain.

• nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma

What's with the 20 oz clear bottle being allowed on the desktop? Are you allowed to sip from it during a section?

• edited November 2021 54 karma

Scheduled my test for 8:40 pm (used the whole day to prepare)
    10:05pm still haven't begun test. A whole hour waiting on a proctor where can I file a complain. The hour+ wait really messed up my ability to give my best potential on this exam.

• accordingcake071accordingcake071 Core Member
    121 karma

I'm so upset. I was supposed to start my test at 7:50pm. Waited almost an hour to get connected, then my proctor randomly terminated my session while I was showing her my desk. I called LSAC and they gave me ProctorU's number to call and, of course, I was met with an automated recording saying their service is unavailable. Called LSAC again and they told me to just file a complaint as there's no other option at this point. Will I get a retake? I didn't even get a chance to start the test.