PT92.S1.Q11 - Studies indicate that North Americans are becoming more lethargic

bboyd1004bboyd1004 Core Member
edited November 2021 in Logical Reasoning 7 karma

Does anyone understand this question?

I got letter D as my answer, but it is wrong and there is no explanation videos to help me understand.

Admin Note: Edited title. Please use the format: "PT#.S#.Q# - brief description of the question"

Comments

• maxjab00maxjab00 Member
    35 karma

AC D. makes a statement that cannot really be confirmed by the argument. D says that the scientists did not consider other causes of lethargy, but does the argument ever make that accusation?

The arguments says that lack of exercise could explain the the increase of lethargy, but never says that the researches ignored the role of exercise (or anything else). Perhaps the scientists did consider other factors, but they found them to be less important than fast food.

What the argument does conclude is that the scientific study's conclusion is perhaps not a good one, which is what AC E. says.

• edited November 2021 42 karma

Hey! D actually supports E. You can say the studies failed to consider one probable cause of lethargy therefore researcher's conclusion was not adequately justified but NOT the other way around. so E is the conclusion because it is being supported by the rest of the argument.