Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚖ Official November 2021 LSAT Discussion Thread ⚖

Comments

• Jsadoo18Jsadoo18 Member
    23 karma

@nye8870 said:
    What's with the 20 oz clear bottle being allowed on the desktop? Are you allowed to sip from it during a section?

I was able to drink out of it and my proctor said it was totally fine

edited November 2021 23 karma

Sounds like everyone had some rough experiences with their proctor and at least some issues with the software lol. At least I wasn't the only one

• jks2087jks2087 Member
    15 karma

My 8:30 exam did not start until 10:30 and my exam randomly closed in the middle of a section. I did not finish the exam until after 1am. Definitely hindered my mental preparation that i spent the day working on.

• jessicakeedijessicakeedi Free Trial Member
    edited November 2021 14 karma

Hi everyone, my exam was scheduled for 7:50 pm and I did not end up starting until 10:00 because my proctor terminated my session and then I had to wait again. I feel as if having anxiety and then these factors did not help when trying to go into the test with my best mindset as I sat there waiting and losing energy. Will lsac accommodate for these types of things?

• ShuttahgawdShuttahgawd Live Member
    edited November 2021 127 karma

I think it is best to call them. They have been having numerous problem this round. Explain to them what happened.

• KwameC78KwameC78 Member
    5 karma

In the middle of section two, without warning, my proctor exited completely out of the webpage to "troubleshoot a connection issue" –– which lasted 5 minutes (11:19 - 11:24).

Apprehensive it could happen again any moment, my focus was diminished and performance reduced on sections 3 and 4. I'm livid!

• steperez05steperez05 Member
    6 karma

10 minutes into my exam the proctor kicked me out bc they transferred me to another proctor and they didn’t know I had already gone through the requirements and then proceeded to kick me out 🙃 after I was finally able to get back on, I lost about 10 minutes on my section?? So I basically had to finish a section with 10 minutes less than normal. I didn’t really recover from that. That fuck up cost me AT MINIMUM 6 points bc I couldn’t even GLIMPSE at the last 6 questions of my test. Obviously I guessed in the last 10s but still I emailed LSAC, this was very disruptive and basically spent the next section trying Not to cry.

• dantehighdantehigh Member
    edited November 2021 11 karma

@steperez05 that is so awful. i'm so sorry. i feel like LSAC needs to overhaul the ProctorU relationship or offer people meaningful alternatives to promptly retake the test when this kind of thing goes down. it is sickening that people work so hard for this test and then have the whole experience taken out of their control.

• yufeix2014yufeix2014 Core Member
    12 karma

First 2 mins of my test; some idiots protested in front of my building. The constant honking and shouting really didn’t gave me a great start :(

Btw; I got 2 RCs

127 karma

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN - Thats how I feel

• CSieck3507CSieck3507 Member
    1376 karma

Had 2 RC's as well. First RC felt somewhat easy but last RC felt like a doozy. One game of LG really messed me up so I'm bummed about that and there were about 5 solid questions on LR that stumped me as well. Oh well... January here I come! LOL

• Just completed my test, and super annoyed I did not get my second 10 minute break even though I one, confirmed with the proctor I am allowed two 10 minute breaks before beginning the test, and second, I was anxious as the 60 second timer was counting down so I called and messaged and no proctor was responding! I reallyyyy needed that break because i mentally checked out after the third section because its how I prepped for all my practice test coming up to the test. Its just annoying to be caught off guard, while also heightening my (already bad) anxiety. I emailed lsac so hopefully I can get a retake soon and not a redeemable future "coupon" because I know I could have done way better in that last section had i tuned in properly!!

• LSATLSAT-3LSATLSAT-3 Core Member
    418 karma

LR-RC-LG-RC. Reeeeaaaallly curious what the curve is gonna look like for this one.

1376 karma

@October2021LSAT said:
    LR-RC-LG-RC. Reeeeaaaallly curious what the curve is gonna look like for this one.

Completely agree.

• AryanSingh-1AryanSingh-1 Member
    342 karma

LG-LR-LG-RC.

• LSATLSAT-3LSATLSAT-3 Core Member
    418 karma

@CSieck3507 Dave Killoran said on Twitter that he'll give his curve predictions on Thursday. Now we wait... lol

• almhallalmhall Core Member
    13 karma

LG-LR-LG-RC

• edited November 2021 59 karma

LR RC LG LR

127 karma

@CSieck3507 said:
    Had 2 RC's as well. First RC felt somewhat easy but last RC felt like a doozy. One game of LG really messed me up so I'm bummed about that and there were about 5 solid questions on LR that stumped me as well. Oh well... January here I come! LOL

Is it strange that I want to take the January too? I believe I did well, but the January looks so tempting

23 karma

For anyone with technical difficulties that is planning on retaking: Do you know if filing a complaint will allow you to retake in a timely manner? I am considering filing a complain regarding my experience but do not want to worry about "receiving a coupon" for a future test date considering January is so far down the line. Does anyone know if the retest can be scheduled for a sooner time? Or if it has to be for the next test date AKA jan?

• juliabeejuliabee Core Member
    9 karma

RC-LR-LG-RC

I was golden until game 3 of LG. Still don’t even know what that was about. Super bummed because LG has become my best. Switched to game 4 midway, then went back to it, only to have to blindly guess on 2 questions. Second RC wasn’t bad, but didn’t go as smoothly as the first for me.

• CHELSEA.CHELSEA. Member
    65 karma

@nye8870 said:
    What's with the 20 oz clear bottle being allowed on the desktop? Are you allowed to sip from it during a section?

During my session, they allowed water. But if its a plastic water bottle, they make you remove the paper band off of it. I'm guessing thats to prevent someone writing "answers" on them.

1376 karma

@Shuttahgawd said:

@CSieck3507 said:

Is it strange that I want to take the January too? I believe I did well, but the January looks so tempting

If you feel you can do better...go for it. I am taking it because I know I can do better

• jschenk21jschenk21 Core Member
    8 karma

LR - RC - LG - RC

Among the content I had recently reviewed before taking the November test included a note from J.Y., on several occasions, to know when to skip a game. This variously noted principle probably saved my hopes of getting a viable score. After killing a few minutes unsuccessfully trying to game out my G2 (through a combination of sloppy translation and underestimating depth), the lesson flickered in my head, and I just skipped it. I was able to complete my third and fourth game very comfortably with almost no issue and almost five minutes to spare, which I put to the incomplete G2.

I took the October test without preparing as much as I should have, drowned in the early games and had to rush through/guess for the last game and a half - scored way below what I had hoped. I do not know for sure what my November results will be, but I think I have a good shot!

• alexa723alexa723 Member
    edited November 2021 100 karma

I also had LR RC LG RC.

• trisdhaliwal1trisdhaliwal1 Member
    89 karma

I felt the same about LG!
    I was great until the 3rd game then I went back and fourth and I ended up guessing on like 6 :(

@"julia.breault" said:
    RC-LR-LG-RC

I was golden until game 3 of LG. Still don’t even know what that was about. Super bummed because LG has become my best. Switched to game 4 midway, then went back to it, only to have to blindly guess on 2 questions. Second RC wasn’t bad, but didn’t go as smoothly as the first for me.

• overthistestoverthistest Member
    166 karma

Did anyone have issues with the proctor controlling their mouse during the timed test? I was unable to select answer choices, underline at many times, I would be using my mouse and it would just fly to the other part of the screen. I filed a complaint, im hoping they let me retest because it really effected my performance.

• KbrookssKbrookss Member
    106 karma

Yes they did it to me

166 karma

@Kbrookss said:
    Yes they did it to me

I sent you a message

• 14 karma

I had LG-LR-RC-LG honestly it was not too terrible. Obviously it was challenging but I was not surprised. I was kind of upset because after my break I did not get any instructions from my proctor she just put in the password and I waited a bit then decided it was safe to click Begin. She sent me a chat right as I was starting my RC section so the little ProctorU icon kept jumping up from my dock (the bottom of the screen) so that was distracting (I didn't want to click on it to make it go away because of the time and I was worried I might get in trouble for clicking anywhere else). This was so small compared to what a lot of y'all went through so I almost feel bad about complaining lol

• t___lanet___lane Member
    62 karma

RC-LR-LG-LR

• KbrookssKbrookss Member
    106 karma

@overthistest said:
    Did anyone have issues with the proctor controlling their mouse during the timed test? I was unable to select answer choices, underline at many times, I would be using my mouse and it would just fly to the other part of the screen. I filed a complaint, im hoping they let me retest because it really effected my performance.

I filed A complaint for that and that my proctor closed my test 3 min into it to say i was reading 1 question out loud and she was wasting my time and i couldnt Finish the 1st section because of it. But i couldnt Understand it reading it in my head so i spoke It out loud and she started controlling my PC.

• andrew.rsnandrew.rsn Alum Member
    831 karma

@Kbrookss Unfortunately it is true that you aren't allowed to speak out loud during the test, you can mouth words silently though. I'm sorry that happened to you though. :/

• Has anyone who did the test on Sunday hear back about a retake yet?

• edited November 2021 230 karma

Time solts are live on Proctor U for retake on the 23rd! They will up very very quickly!

• leonardocallesleonardocalles Core Member
    24 karma

Everyone online saying that the LG completely destroyed them is making me really nervous about the fact that I thought I did alright on them. Feeling super paranoid but trying to push that feeling aside.

• jerslanderjerslander Member
    edited November 2021 146 karma

@leonardocalles said:
    Everyone online saying that the LG completely destroyed them is making me really nervous about the fact that I thought I did alright on them. Feeling super paranoid but trying to push that feeling aside.

If you felt fine going through you're probably good. The reality is that most people who bother to say anything right after the exam are the ones who know they didn't do so hot. No sense in letting other peoples' post test pessimism get to you.

166 karma

@Mrkaythephilosopher said:
    Time solts are live on Proctor U for retake on the 23rd! They will up very very quickly!

Most people have to wait for lsac to send their ticket over so they even see time slots

• lovelaw1993lovelaw1993 Free Trial Member
    35 karma

I had two LRs. The first one was a bit tough and the second one was easier. I wonder which one was the experimental.

• 22 karma

I had RC-LR-LG-RC

For those who had only one RC, do yall remember what the RC was about?

Any clue as to what the experimental RC was?

• jerslanderjerslander Member
    146 karma

Alright looks like the ban is over, so I'll post the contents of my exam and maybe they'll be useful to somebody.

LR-RC-LG-RC

LR: 26 questions. Few topics I can remember: goats in the fertile crescent/Azerbaijan, sperm whales and orcas in different regions, patterns for popular startup companies, something about coal. A little on the hard side? Felt like there were some tricky questions, moreso than usual but I'm pretty bad at discerning LR difficulty.

RC: Functional extinction, Rap/Rakim, redoing psych experiments, neuroimaging. Not too bad? Maybe a single tricky question per passage but nothing crazy.

LG: I never remember the first game, presentations, Assignment of senior VPs to juniors, Wed/Thursday Work Schedules. First three were fine but I can see how the third can be tricky. Had to brute force most of the last but thankfully finished with time. Pretty fundamental section with some tricky rules. I think knowing when to skip and when to trust your gut was key here.

RC: Indigenous sovereignty, work hours & consumerism, whig history, hydrogen cars. Probably leaning on the difficult side, especially the first passage and maybe the third passage. Key was definitely spending more time on the questions than the passage.

From what it looks like online, the last RC was probably real? Honestly pretty ambivalent as to which one is the experimental. All I'm hoping was that I went -0/-1 on LG and my LR+RC wasn't too bad. Honestly predicting the last RC will tip the curve -1 but doubt the LG and LR will adjust the curve in any way. Will just have to wait Thursday for Powerscore's curve prediction.

• Ashley2018-1Ashley2018-1 Live Member
    edited November 2021 2249 karma

@CSieck3507 said:

RC was rough.

Will this be a disclosed test?

• LuxxTabooLuxxTaboo Core Member
    212 karma

@"Jahn.Snow" said:
    I had LR-RC-LG-RC

I actually thought the LR was on the tougher side (not impossible, but I struggled a bit more than I'm used to), the first RC was so easy but the second I thought was tough. I'm really really hoping the first RC was the actual one and that the second was the experimental. The LG was fine, nothing crazy.

Good luck to everyone who us about to take it, and to everyone who has- congrats on finishing! :)

I felt the exact same way! the LR was pretty damn difficult for me, and the first RC was easy but I got so stuck on the 2nd RC. Fingers crossed the first RC will be it!!

1376 karma

@Ashley2018 said:

@CSieck3507 said:

RC was rough.

Will this be a disclosed test?

I don't think so, there hasn't been a disclosed test in a while

• Clementine-2Clementine-2 Member
    208 karma

Did anyone else also have LR-LG-LR-RC? I have seen like no one with that order!

• Squeen123Squeen123 Member
    38 karma

@"Clementine-2" said:

I had that!

• Clementine-2Clementine-2 Member
    208 karma

@hsara486 said:

@"Clementine-2" said:

I had that!

Omg finally someone! Did you have marie antoinette in either of your sections?

• dantehighdantehigh Member
    11 karma

LG-LR-LG-RC on Sunday. I struggle the most with LG and nearly laughed out loud when I saw it was the duplicate. First LG was Weds-Saturday and Supervisors and went OK, I think. The second included the dreaded Ancestors game.

I found the LR and RC reasonable.

• Squeen123Squeen123 Member
    38 karma

@"Clementine-2" said:

@hsara486 said:

@"Clementine-2" said:

I had that!

Omg finally someone! Did you have marie antoinette in either of your sections?

I honestly cannot remember, was it the last RC. I recall the LG was brutal thou lol. I usually only miss one point in LG.

• lovelaw1993lovelaw1993 Free Trial Member
    35 karma

@Clementine-2 i had Marie Antoinette in my first LR section. It was the tougher LR section of the two LR I had.