Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Foolproof LG 1-35 from Nov 21- Dec 31?

lsatpatternslsatpatterns Live Member
edited November 2021 in Logic Games 148 karma

For those of you who plan to slug through LSAT over the holidays and would like to foolproof games, please DM if you want to do 5 games per week for the next 7 weeks or at least attempt to get through games 1-35 at least once.

Comments

• gabes900-1gabes900-1 Member
    855 karma

Foolproofing works. I’m doing it right now. But, it is a lot of work. I wouldn’t give yourself such a hard deadline to do the 1-35 LGs. From my experience, I can see that leading to burnout—as your post already seems to show.

I think, if one is to foolproof games, there shouldn’t be a deadline. Because if you do what you are subscribing above, there may be days when you only have energy for 1 game, some where you have energy for 3 sections, and some where you take a break. Having a deadline looming on top of that seems to be recipe for stress and dimming down the fun of foolproofing games. It may be hard to believe but foolproofing is really fun without any deadlines.

Also, if you haven’t foolproofed yet nor mastered games, take time to do so without deadlines on taking the exam. I find that most people who take their time with the exam tend to do better because they wait until they are ready before taking the exam instead of picking a date to take the exam and letting that date determine how prepared they are. Anyhow, that’s just my 2 cents.

I’m interested in talking about games whenever. Feel free to DM me or comment, etc. I hope your studies are going well and continue to go well. Best of luck!

• phosita_phoeatahphosita_phoeatah Yearly Member
    238 karma

First thing to note is there are actually 39 games (1-35, A-C, and F97). Also, on the first few takes of a particular test will likely take longer, even if one has already seen those questions. For someone middle-of-the-pack such as myself, I would expect to spend at least 1.5 hrs/ test at the beginning (45-50 minutes per test/ + review whatever I felt uncomfortable). Use the unlimited time option, because you want to know how much time you spent on each question.

Also, this has been noted elsewhere, but do leave time each week for the particularly troubling sections from the previous week. You want some elapse in time, so that you aren't relying on short-term memory, but you also want to see if you are getting all the inferences you should be making

One other thing to note is that I've find timing myself on the BR to be helpful, for it gives me a sense of a reasonable time within which to finish a particular game the next time I encounter it.

As @gabes900 mentions, it could actually be quite fun. Personally, I've swapped NYT Crossword for LG.

• gabes900-1gabes900-1 Member
    855 karma

@phosita_phoeatah said:
    First thing to note is there are actually 39 games (1-35, A-C, and F97). Also, on the first few takes of a particular test will likely take longer, even if one has already seen those questions. For someone middle-of-the-pack such as myself, I would expect to spend at least 1.5 hrs/ test at the beginning (45-50 minutes per test/ + review whatever I felt uncomfortable). Use the unlimited time option, because you want to know how much time you spent on each question.

Also, this has been noted elsewhere, but do leave time each week for the particularly troubling sections from the previous week. You want some elapse in time, so that you aren't relying on short-term memory, but you also want to see if you are getting all the inferences you should be making

One other thing to note is that I've find timing myself on the BR to be helpful, for it gives me a sense of a reasonable time within which to finish a particular game the next time I encounter it.

As @gabes900 mentions, it could actually be quite fun. Personally, I've swapped NYT Crossword for LG.

Love this response @phosita_phoeatah ! A lot of great information I concur with as well.