Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sweet spot, in terms of hours of studying per day?

gabes900-1gabes900-1 Member
in General 855 karma

Hello all,

Recently, I have noticed, studying around 3 hours per weekday, in the mornings, has had great results for me with little stress.

What are some of your sweet spots, in terms of hours studying per day? I’ve heard of some waking up early and studying multiple hours before work—I work full-time as well—and others saying they break up their prep into 30 minute chunks throughout the day every day. What are some of your habits?

Best,

Gabe

Comments

• emmorensemmorens Core Member
    1470 karma

Following!

• Darien022Darien022 Member
    129 karma

Interested in hearing what others have to say as well.

For me, I'm still going through the CC and I tend to take my time with the concepts and practice questions so I usually aim to study 5 hrs a day mon-fri. Usually when I exceed 5 hrs I start zoning out and I'm unable to comprehend harder concepts. I don't have a set schedule for breaks, but I do track my time studying with an app and when I step away from the computer I pause the app. It just helps to keep me accountable, and I also can see the total entries and time spent which is good for affirming positivity throughout my study journey.

I think you should study until you start to feel yourself zoning out or getting distracted and not fully engaged with the material. When your in the zone you can learn much more and actually retain it.

• gabes900-1gabes900-1 Member
    855 karma

@Darien022 said:
    Interested in hearing what others have to say as well.

For me, I'm still going through the CC and I tend to take my time with the concepts and practice questions so I usually aim to study 5 hrs a day mon-fri. Usually when I exceed 5 hrs I start zoning out and I'm unable to comprehend harder concepts. I don't have a set schedule for breaks, but I do track my time studying with an app and when I step away from the computer I pause the app. It just helps to keep me accountable, and I also can see the total entries and time spent which is good for affirming positivity throughout my study journey.

I think you should study until you start to feel yourself zoning out or getting distracted and not fully engaged with the material. When your in the zone you can learn much more and actually retain it.

Hello, thanks for the comment. Yeah, the topic of study is definitely interesting to see what could be the most optimal way to absorb the material and practice it efficiently with our time.

I agree with you comments on using a "zoning out" measurement of the brain, getting familiar with this feeling and knowing when to call it quits for the day.

• z.stan31z.stan31 Core Member
    60 karma

I study about 3 hours a day as well. I work full time as a nanny and study for 1.5 hours while the baby sleeps in the afternoon and then another 1.5-2 hours between 5:30PM and 8PM. I've been on this study schedule for about 2 months now and have improved my score from a 162 to 166 in that time frame, so I think it is working for me. I agree it causes minimal stress which helps me to do better in the long run.

855 karma

@"z.stan31" said:
    I study about 3 hours a day as well. I work full time as a nanny and study for 1.5 hours while the baby sleeps in the afternoon and then another 1.5-2 hours between 5:30PM and 8PM. I've been on this study schedule for about 2 months now and have improved my score from a 162 to 166 in that time frame, so I think it is working for me. I agree it causes minimal stress which helps me to do better in the long run.

Hi, thanks for the comment. Congrats on that score increase! That's awesome. Yeah, I agree I think 2-3 hours max for me while working full-time seems to be the best bet for long-term success on my performance.

• galacticgalactic Yearly Member
    690 karma

@gabes900 I do 2 hours AM and 2 hours PM. Any more than this and the zoning out effect @Darien022 mentioned begins to happen. Unless you're going near perfect in LG, I think drilling a game or two is always a great way to start the study day.

• Socrates Part 2Socrates Part 2 Core Member
    edited November 2021 70 karma

I quit my job recently to focus on studying for few months since i still live at home and dont need to pay rent, but if I study more than 5 hours a day I lose focus and get fatigued. Only study Mon-Fri so I dont overload myself and Taking 20-30 minute breaks every hour or two is also essential, especially with topics I dont like, such as logical reasoning for me.

855 karma

@galactic said:
    @gabes900 I do 2 hours AM and 2 hours PM. Any more than this and the zoning out effect @Darien022 mentioned begins to happen. Unless you're going near perfect in LG, I think drilling a game or two is always a great way to start the study day.

Hello @galactic thanks for the comment. That seems like a cool study system that I may try. I like the 2 hours AM and 2 hours PM idea with a break in the middle.

Also, about LG, I completely agree that it is a great way to warm up as well. I hope your studies are progressing well. When do you plan on taking the exam?

855 karma

@"jake from state farm-1" said:
    I quit my job recently to focus on studying for few months since i still live at home and dont need to pay rent, but if I study more than 5 hours a day I lose focus and get fatigued. Only study Mon-Fri so I dont overload myself and Taking 20-30 minute breaks every hour or two is also essential, especially with topics I dont like, such as logical reasoning for me.

Hi @"jake from state farm-1" thanks for commenting. Yeah, I feel like logical reasoning is one area where you brain demands a break after awhile. I feel LG and RC are actually more forgiving when it comes to focused, insensitive-style days.

• galacticgalactic Yearly Member
    690 karma

@gabes900 Same for you as well! I just took Nov but am anticipating an additional take sometime in 2022. Hbu?

855 karma

@galactic said:
    @gabes900 Same for you as well! I just took Nov but am anticipating an additional take sometime in 2022. Hbu?

@galactic shooting for anytime after March 2022 to take exam so March and June probably!