Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how to get speed?

Feel like my accuracy is improving on weaken questions but how do I improve speed? Any suggestions?

Comments

• sarakimmelsarakimmel Member
    1488 karma

Just keep practicing. The better you get at anything, the faster you will become. Just focus on the accuracy, speed will follow. Focusing on speed tends to backfire.

• gabes900-1gabes900-1 Member
    855 karma

Go slow and methodical to be able to go fast.

• clear227clear227 Core Member
    350 karma

Prephrasing. After you read the question and identify the type and conclusion, prephrase the answers. It's counterintuitive, but it makes you faster because it saves you reading time.

• gabes900-1gabes900-1 Member
    855 karma

With weaken/strengthen questions, do some untimed or timed, to which you prefer, and focus on IDing conclusion, premise and the gap of the argument. Once identified, then you need to hone in on the gap/assumption in which the argument makes. Only once you have a good understanding of stimulus, then you should move to the ACs with critical eye of the assumption and look for the AC that attacks assumption.

You need to do this over and over again with many questions before it becomes mechanical in a sense. This is when you will be able to go fast.

When I first started, I was very slow at the entire test. But, with good process of logical reasoning, I am now much faster. I only focus on question stems, trying to understand stimulus, what the argument is, and what the gap of the argument is. Then, doing to task that is being asked. But, I think the most important thing for LR is just trying your very best to understand the stimulus FIRST, then moving to ACs ONLY after you have understood the stimulus. If you don't understand stimulus, you may get lucky on certain questions, but this is a recipe for false confidence and you getting wrecked on other PTs, etc.