Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can We Talk to Ourselves During an LSAT Sitting?

in General 137 karma

It's always helped me, whenever I read anything detailed, to whisper out verbally what I am reading. I have been suppressing this behavior because, for some reason, I'm still in the mindset of taking the test in person. I thought I recall reading somewhere that speaking isn't allowed on the online tests. Does anyone know if this is true? I would hate to have my sitting flagged or DQ'd because I "talked to myself" during the test. Thanks!

Comments

• Alexi LeoAlexi Leo Member
    edited November 2021 19 karma

I have taken the LSAT three times online and read the harder questions out loud. It has not been a problem.

• 137 karma

Thanks, Alexi. Much appreciated!

• 271 karma

I have and the proctor paused the test and told me I was not allowed to

• sarakimmelsarakimmel Member
    1488 karma

Speaking aloud is not allowed on the test. You can mouth, mumble, mutter, etc, but you do risk being interrupted and reminded not to speak aloud if you do so (always depends on the proctor). Not worth the risk, so just keep it as quiet as you can.

• 30 karma

I have taken it 4 times and have read silently to myself. In the beginning I was afraid because the rules say you can't speak out loud but I have never had a proctor tell me to stop. Hope that helps.

• andrew.rsnandrew.rsn Alum Member
    831 karma

I wouldn't risk talking out loud, you can mouth words silently, but don't make sound.

• audreyrleeaudreyrlee Core Member
    2 karma

I was interrupted by the proctor for mumbling and lost at least a min from it

• clear227clear227 Core Member
    edited November 2021 350 karma

No. Don't do this, or be sure to be very quiet about it. Every proctor is different, but why take a chance?

• TheRighteousMindTheRighteousMind Alum Member
    15 karma

I was told not to even open my mouth even if I'm not making any sounds.

• qs2159qs2159 Member
    342 karma

I know there is an accommodation option for reading out loud during test. You may need a doctor's note or something similar to be qualified for this accommodation.