Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚖ Official November 2021 LSAT Discussion Thread ⚖

13»

Comments

• lovelaw1993lovelaw1993 Free Trial Member
    35 karma

Can anyone who had one LR section remember any topics that was on it? i had two LR and remember topics about Marie Antoinette on the first one and shady areas/bus lanes on the second one.

• AryanSingh-1AryanSingh-1 Member
    edited November 2021 342 karma

LG was not that bad. Probably our anxiety.

• advaita.naikadvaita.naik Core Member
    9 karma

@wdaniels1293 said:
    Can anyone who had one LR section remember any topics that was on it? i had two LR and remember topics about Marie Antoinette on the first one and shady areas/bus lanes on the second one.

i had one LR section, i remember the Marie Antoinette question, i think there was a question about cold water turnover in lakes, one about a candidate up for re-election and percentage of voters or something, i don’t remember the bus question so that might be the experimental section

• Karsa OrlongKarsa Orlong Member
    71 karma

I took mine on Sunday / 14th. LG-LR-LG-RC. I brain-farted on the first LG of the first LG section and wasted 7 minutes with nothing to show for it. Powered through everything else and returned and did it again and it went fine. Now I'm sad & worried because I felt too crunched on time to be secure in what I did on that section. No time to re-check, make sure I didn't misread anything etc.

The second LG with Ancestors went much, much better. Had 18 minutes+ to do the 4th game. Sad to see so many call it an experimental on reddit :/

LR and RC went well, I think. Can never be too sure though.

342 karma

@"Karsa Orlong" said:
    I took mine on Sunday / 14th. LG-LR-LG-RC. I brain-farted on the first LG of the first LG section and wasted 7 minutes with nothing to show for it. Powered through everything else and returned and did it again and it went fine. Now I'm sad & worried because I felt too crunched on time to be secure in what I did on that section. No time to re-check, make sure I didn't misread anything etc.

The second LG with Ancestors went much, much better. Had 18 minutes+ to do the 4th game. Sad to see so many call it an experimental on reddit :/

Ditto. Exactly same with me. 7 min haha same also. usually I am done a game in 7 min. I could not even answer a single question. Went to all other games tried to perfect them and put all my eggs in one basket since i was unsure if i could do G1. returned back and noted i made a silly reading error of one of the rule which i think is relatively new and unseen in past sequence games. Had 3 min left. Atleast 1/5 right. Guessed 4. so hoping 18/23 atlaest.

• Karsa OrlongKarsa Orlong Member
    edited November 2021 71 karma

@msingh0831x said:

@"Karsa Orlong" said:

Ditto. Exactly same with me. 7 min haha same also. usually I am done a game in 7 min. I could not even answer a single question. Went to all other games tried to perfect them and put all my eggs in one basket since i was unsure if i could do G1. returned back and noted i made a silly reading error of one of the rule which i think is relatively new and unseen in past sequence games. Had 3 min left. Atleast 1/5 right. Guessed 4. so hoping 18/23 atlaest.

Wow! I've usually got a good instinct for skipping but they misfired here because it was the first game. In all my long history of practicing I've never been in a situation where I've had to skip Game 1 (very common for Game 3, sometimes 2 etc.) so I kept worrying at Game 1 unproductively. Usually I can do Game 1 even if I have to use an inefficient approach but this time I just got stumped for some dumb reason. Super annoyed with myself because it seemed like a normal LG section I just messed up my time management.

I'm going to learn from this since it's my first real LSAT and I'm applying next year.

Hoping we both get at least 18/23. Would be super happy with that!

342 karma

@"Karsa Orlong" said:

@msingh0831x said:

@"Karsa Orlong" said:

Wow! I've usually got a good instinct for skipping but they misfired here because it was the first game. In all my long history of practicing I've never been in a situation where I've had to skip Game 1 (very common for Game 3, sometimes 2 etc.) so I kept worrying at Game 1 unproductively. Usually I can do Game 1 even if I have to use an inefficient approach but this time I just got stumped for some dumb reason. Super annoyed with myself because it seemed like a normal LG section I just messed up my time management.

I'm going to learn from this since it's my first real LSAT and I'm applying next year.

Hoping we both get at least 18/23. Would be super happy with that!

The game itself was not hard. They chained two words together that usually comes individually, thus we are not used to seeing. I must have read it like 5 times but when i returned i was like o crap!.

• rosegirl22rosegirl22 Member
    47 karma

I had LR LG LR RC. The first LR I remember commuter delays, free radicals, cancer and headlights. The second one I don’t remember much from!

• Mo SchaafMo Schaaf Member
    60 karma

So sorry to everyone who also had issues with their connection, it is extremely irritating knowing that much of the reason you're not able to focus is because of proctorU, and/or things beyond your control.
    I had LG-RC-LG-LR. First LG was a bit more difficult for me but all of the other sections were okay.
    I had pop-ups saying that the "page was not responding" throughout the entire exam (I used chrome). I also got disconnected with 4 minutes of the last section left (it was not because of my internet since I had perfect internet speed. I tested it during the disconnect via the link ProctorU had), and by the time my proctor fixed it, I only had 30 seconds left. They did not let me get any of that time back.
    Either way, I hope everyone's complaints get dealt with promptly and their scores are not indicative of all the tech issues.

• 30 karma

@jerslander said:
    Alright looks like the ban is over, so I'll post the contents of my exam and maybe they'll be useful to somebody.

LR-RC-LG-RC

LR: 26 questions. Few topics I can remember: goats in the fertile crescent/Azerbaijan, sperm whales and orcas in different regions, patterns for popular startup companies, something about coal. A little on the hard side? Felt like there were some tricky questions, moreso than usual but I'm pretty bad at discerning LR difficulty.

RC: Functional extinction, Rap/Rakim, redoing psych experiments, neuroimaging. Not too bad? Maybe a single tricky question per passage but nothing crazy.

LG: I never remember the first game, presentations, Assignment of senior VPs to juniors, Wed/Thursday Work Schedules. First three were fine but I can see how the third can be tricky. Had to brute force most of the last but thankfully finished with time. Pretty fundamental section with some tricky rules. I think knowing when to skip and when to trust your gut was key here.

RC: Indigenous sovereignty, work hours & consumerism, whig history, hydrogen cars. Probably leaning on the difficult side, especially the first passage and maybe the third passage. Key was definitely spending more time on the questions than the passage.

From what it looks like online, the last RC was probably real? Honestly pretty ambivalent as to which one is the experimental. All I'm hoping was that I went -0/-1 on LG and my LR+RC wasn't too bad. Honestly predicting the last RC will tip the curve -1 but doubt the LG and LR will adjust the curve in any way. Will just have to wait Thursday for Powerscore's curve prediction.

I had only one RC and it did NOT have anything about Rap.

• trisdhaliwal1trisdhaliwal1 Member
    89 karma

I had only one RC and it was the whig/hydrogen cars one too.
    I had 2 LR sections, I do remember one question being about Marie Antonette too. The first LR felt easy, last one felt way more difficult.

I had LR RC LG LR,
    I did HORRIBLY on LG, choked the last 2 sections which sucks bc LG is usually my strongest section.

RC was difficult but I think I may have done okay.

@jerslander said:
    Alright looks like the ban is over, so I'll post the contents of my exam and maybe they'll be useful to somebody.

LR-RC-LG-RC

LR: 26 questions. Few topics I can remember: goats in the fertile crescent/Azerbaijan, sperm whales and orcas in different regions, patterns for popular startup companies, something about coal. A little on the hard side? Felt like there were some tricky questions, moreso than usual but I'm pretty bad at discerning LR difficulty.

RC: Functional extinction, Rap/Rakim, redoing psych experiments, neuroimaging. Not too bad? Maybe a single tricky question per passage but nothing crazy.

LG: I never remember the first game, presentations, Assignment of senior VPs to juniors, Wed/Thursday Work Schedules. First three were fine but I can see how the third can be tricky. Had to brute force most of the last but thankfully finished with time. Pretty fundamental section with some tricky rules. I think knowing when to skip and when to trust your gut was key here.

RC: Indigenous sovereignty, work hours & consumerism, whig history, hydrogen cars. Probably leaning on the difficult side, especially the first passage and maybe the third passage. Key was definitely spending more time on the questions than the passage.

From what it looks like online, the last RC was probably real? Honestly pretty ambivalent as to which one is the experimental. All I'm hoping was that I went -0/-1 on LG and my LR+RC wasn't too bad. Honestly predicting the last RC will tip the curve -1 but doubt the LG and LR will adjust the curve in any way. Will just have to wait Thursday for Powerscore's curve prediction.

• Squeen123Squeen123 Member
    38 karma

@dmadjarian2018 said:

@jerslander said:

LR-RC-LG-RC

I had only one RC and it did NOT have anything about Rap.

I had the same exact one!

• laurennnnlaurennnn Member
    edited November 2021 86 karma

@hsara486 said:

@"Clementine-2" said:

@hsara486 said:

@"Clementine-2" said:
    Did anyone else also have LR-LG-LR-RC? I have seen like no one with that order!

I had that!

Omg finally someone! Did you have marie antoinette in either of your sections?

I honestly cannot remember, was it the last RC. I recall the LG was brutal thou lol. I usually only miss one point in LG.

I had that Marie Antoinette/Maire-Thérèse question in my one and only LR section!

I did work in the French National Archives for a while, on the French Revolution. The irony of this situation does not escape me.

• 59 karma

anyone remember the spider Q on the LR :')

• Darien022Darien022 Member
    129 karma

RC-LR-LG-LR

First passage was a comparative... gross.

• jerslanderjerslander Member
    146 karma

@jerslander said:

LR-RC-LG-RC

Okay, having listened to the powerscore podcast it looks like I had the harder combo of LG and RC. Both real LGs seemed to loosen your scale by -1 and both RCs by -1 (the real one in my case was in fact the second I mentioned). LR seemed to neither loosen nor tighten the scale for everybody. In any case, this confirmed my suspicion that Nov was mildly harder than Oct.

• Jsadoo18Jsadoo18 Member
    23 karma

@jerslander said:

@jerslander said:

LR-RC-LG-RC

Okay, having listened to the powerscore podcast it looks like I had the harder combo of LG and RC. Both real LGs seemed to loosen your scale by -1 and both RCs by -1 (the real one in my case was in fact the second I mentioned). LR seemed to neither loosen nor tighten the scale for everybody. In any case, this confirmed my suspicion that Nov was mildly harder than Oct.

What do you mean by loosen your scale?

• clear227clear227 Core Member
    350 karma

What do you mean by loosen your scale?

There are a certain number of questions you can miss and still get a 170, usually ranging from -7 to -10 for the digital version.

A looser scale means you can miss more questions and still get a high score. Powerscore thinks that the November test was more challenging, so they think you could miss as many as 9 points and still get a 170.

• Tony JabroniTony Jabroni Member
    16 karma

To any November retakers out there, don’t stress! I had no more technical issues and test was just another test. You’ve got this!!

• domm2222domm2222 Member
    72 karma

Any retakers get just 1 LR?

• Thank you 7sage....

• reilly.j.doddreilly.j.dodd Core Member
    edited December 2021 57 karma

Anyone having trouble accessing the score breakdown? I thought that the score breakdown would be immediately available to all of us once our scores were posted on LSAC?

Update: Apparently they stopped disclosing LSAT's after the FLEX got popular during the pandemic and have not restarted the practice. Oh well, more PT's for me I guess!

• trisdhaliwal1trisdhaliwal1 Member
    89 karma

where would we find that?

@"reilly.j.dodd" said:
    Anyone having trouble accessing the score breakdown? I thought that the score breakdown would be immediately available to all of us once our scores were posted on LSAC?

• andrew.rsnandrew.rsn Alum Member
    831 karma

@"reilly.j.dodd" Is this lsat disclosed?

• cole.davis10cole.davis10 Alum Member
    361 karma

@"reilly.j.dodd"
    The November lsat administration wasn't disclosed, so the only information LSAC releases to you is your sealed score, percentile, and score band. So, unfortunately, you won't get a score breakdown by section or information about which questions you got incorrect. It's definitely a bit disappointing, but I don't think LSAC has administered a disclosed test since before the lsat-flex days which started early 2019. Hopefully, they will bring them back at some point though. Good luck with the score release today!