Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did terrible

I have been trying not to think of my test at all since taking it but I made the terrible decision to listen to the PowerScore Podcast. I have been PTing 0 to -2 on LG but this test really threw me off and I just found out the LG section I did terrible in is the one that counts. I cannot contain my tears right now, my score was riding on LG.

Comments

• gabes900-1gabes900-1 Member
    855 karma

Did you get your results or are you just anxious about your performance on the test? I am sorry it didn't go as planned. That happens sometimes.

• gabes900-1gabes900-1 Member
    855 karma

Always remember, your score is not you. Be kind to yourself on the hours of preparation you put into the test. If the score is not what you planned, you can retake with some more prep. If you can't retake, well you still prepared and that is what counts.

• 308 karma

@gabes900 I don't get my results until Dec 1st but I vividly remember the entire LG section. I don't have high hopes for RC this time either (the LG left me completely shaken until the 10 minute break). Although I can't confirm the exact score but sometimes you just KNOW...oh well.

• trisdhaliwal1trisdhaliwal1 Member
    89 karma

You are not alone! I always KILL LG and this Time the last two games had me in tears.
    It seemed like most people struggled with this section too, hopefully there's a curve there. I registered for January just in case. So many people struggled do not feel bad. You probably didn't do as bad as you think, just think positively, and if you hate your score re test in Jan :)

• 211 karma

Does anyone know the style that it was with the elevators/luxury? I couldn't crack it with one of the rules

• qs2159qs2159 Member
    edited November 2021 342 karma

All I can say is please don't cancel your score, unless you can recall exactly which question(s) you got wrong! You'll be surprised to know how many 170+ test takers canceled their score just because they 'thought' they underperformed. The real score will very likely be close to your avg. practice one!

• KariOmooKariOmoo Member
    edited November 2021 70 karma

I am so sorry the test didn't go as planned. I understand. On the Aug test I crashed and burned on the LG and got -9 my average.

Please try to be kind to yourself and rest up this weekend.

I hope you did better than you thought but please know that you can be flexible with yourself and not to settle beneath your potential. I missed both Oct and Nov tests due to anxiety. I was tempted to apply with my "crash and burn" score to my local school but ultimately decided to take an extra year to study (lightly) and grab accommodations.

You have another shot in Jan, and if that doesn't work out, taking another year is not the end of the world. You do not have to accept anything beneath your full potential unless you want to. You got this!