Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Applications

CoolDudeCoolDude Alum Member

I already applied to three law schools and they asked for a list of other law schools to apply to. I gave the list and then after submission, I decided to apply to more. Do I have to notify those law schools I already am planning to apply to them as well?

Comments

• andrew.rsnandrew.rsn Alum Member
    831 karma

I don't think that's necessary. I attended an application walkthrough with an admissions officer, and they said the reason they ask what other schools you are applying to is for essentially polling purposes. They want to know if there are particular schools that many people are applying to in addition to theirs etc. I don't think it has any impact on your application and as far as I know they have no way of knowing what schools you're applying to if you don't fill out that section.

• CoolDudeCoolDude Alum Member
    57 karma

@"andrew.rsn" said:
    I don't think that's necessary. I attended an application walkthrough with an admissions officer, and they said the reason they ask what other schools you are applying to is for essentially polling purposes. They want to know if there are particular schools that many people are applying to in addition to theirs etc. I don't think it has any impact on your application and as far as I know they have no way of knowing what schools you're applying to if you don't fill out that section.

Thanks!