Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RC sos

Team,

I just joined 7sage. I struggle immensely with RC. I have been scoring a consistent 13-15 correct for months now. It’s actually incredible. I am very solid at LG and LR is in the 20+ range consistently as well.

I am an engineer so there wasn’t much reading in my undergrad - it was mostly problem solving. I think my fundamental skills are lacking and that’s why I struggle so much. I am not in a hurry to take the LSAT, but RC is the only action I am not performing where I would like to be. So it is frustrating being held back so from taking it by one section.

I have heard the advice to take my time and do 3 passages entirely and correctly, and guess on the 4th. It seems to work better for me and I am okay with that because it’ll get me to 20 correct, but I just can’t seem to get 3 done correctly.

I am losing hope. If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it. Granted I just joined so I have not tried any 7sage material yet.

Comments

• andrew.rsnandrew.rsn Alum Member
    831 karma

How do you do when you take timed conditions out of the equation. If you really took your time to fully understand the passage and the questions. Have you tried this? I think the most important thing is to learn how to read effectively. The way that you are to read an RC passage is completely different then how you read anywhere else. You have to being reading actively. This means as you read you are actively thinking and and working to understand what you just read and tying it back to something previously said. This type of analytical reading doesn't come naturally to most people.

Definitely start doing Untimed work, fully answer a passage - before you go to check your answers, go through the passage again following along with J.Y's RC videos to see if you picked up on the same things or point out things you may have misunderstood.

I would also recommend you check out LSAT Labs RC videos on Youtube, they are super helpful and engaging when it comes to RC.

Good luck!