Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I sign up to write January LSAT?

Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
edited November 2021 in General 1417 karma

I hope I landed at least in solid 150s on my November LSAT as this is already much improvement from prior scores on file.

However, there is a school I am interested in the 25th percentile is low 160s and my GPA is slightly above their 25th percentile.

Should I sign up to write January LSAT and then apply? Or just apply with hopefully November score is in solid 150s?

Context: I am an URM and wrote the 4 times already which includes November 2021 administration. I worked and was involved during undergrad and graduate school.

In regards to other application components. I am planning on submitting an LSAT addendum, trying to craft stellar statements, and hoping to secure strong letter of rec.

Should I sign up to write January LSAT? This will be my 5th take on record
  1. Take January LSAT?16 votes
    1. Yes
      75.00%
    2. No
      25.00%

Comments

• Scott MilamScott Milam Member Administrator Moderator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    1312 karma

You are running a bit low on retakes, but if this is your last cycle then shoot your shot!

I would make sure you have a solid study plan ready-to-go, however. Retaking only makes sense when you have a reason to believe you'll score better than previously!

• Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
    1417 karma

@"Scott Milam" Sorry if I wasn’t clear in my post but my 4 writes on file: September 2018, November 2018, June 2021, and November 2021.

September 2018 and November 2018 don’t count towards the testing limit policy.

In this case, should I still try January 2021 LSAT for school with 25th percentile is low 160s?

• Scott MilamScott Milam Member Administrator Moderator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    1312 karma

Ah, that makes more sense!

Given that, yes - take the January LSAT! Make sure you create a strong study plan that focuses on your weak sections. Let me know if you have questions!

• Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
    1417 karma

Thank you so much @"Scott Milam"