Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So Disappointed

After two months of studying, I took my first LSAT. I had been PT'ing around 155-157, but I got a 148 on the November LSAT.
I don't know where I went wrong...I had not scored that low since my first practice test (146). At this point, I don't know where to go or what to do next. Advice?

Comments

• PatBackkPatBackk Core Member
    198 karma

I think it was just an extremely tough test. My advice would be re take in January!

• lekfant1lekfant1 Member
    66 karma

I'm in the same boat having scored 10 points below my highest practice test. It is very demoralizing, but I've finally accepted that I will take another year to study and apply next cycle with my best possible score

• slesquireslesquire Core Member
    23 karma

Hey there, I too scored significantly lower than expected on the November exam. I also scored lower on my first test (last year) than I had been performing on PTs for several months prior. The LSAT testing environment, wherever that may be for you, is INTENSE and I've found it can be very difficult to predict your score outcome, especially if you are not as familiar with the test and/or test-day vibe. If you believe you can continue to study and perform at your PT level or above in January, you should definitely consider that as a next step! If you aren't confident, you can shoot for a later administration in a few months depending on what the cutoff is for schools that you are looking at. I know it's certainly important to apply as early as possible, so you can also consider submitting your apps and requesting they hold it for a future score if you do want to retake. It could be a weight off if you are close with apps but want to take the test again. Just make sure you understand each school's protocol for this. I have also heard via a number of LSAT podcasts that schools might not be as quick to fill up their class seats this year following last year's whacky cycle, so timing could look a little different than years past. There is also of course the option not to retake. In which case, you should focus on strengthening every other aspect of your application and targeting schools realistically based on your numbers. I wish you the best of luck with whatever course you choose!!

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

Please remember that an LSAT score doesn't in itself say anything about a person's intelligence. Then maybe get a consult with a tutor and see what they recommend. A lot of people have gotten offers from other factors that offset the LSAT score. Don't give up on your dreams.

• Socrates Part 2Socrates Part 2 Core Member
    70 karma

dont let it discourage you theres a lot of factors that could go wrong the day of, get a tutor/outside help, change your study habits, and focus on what you felt you struggled with the most

• Avatario43Avatario43 Core Member
    198 karma

same exact thing just happened to me. bell, what did you end up doing? I feel discouraged as well. 155 to 148 sucks :(