Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT retake and University of Toronto/UofT Chances

Hi all. Looking for some advice about possibly retaking the LSAT for a 4th time in January. My top choice is University of Toronto. My stats are 164 LSAT and 3.96 CGPA. Im above their median GPA and below the LSAT median. (UofT’s 25th percentile LSAT is 165 and median is 168. 75th percentile GPA is 3.93 and median is 3.88).Given this, I’m wondering about my chances and if I should retake the LSAT a 4th time. They need not wait for the later scores to review your file, they review with scores already on file. If your score is competitive, they’ll go ahead and make an admissions decision and if not, they’ll reassess when they have a new score. Any advice on whether these stats are competitive or if it’s worth it to retake? Thank you!!

Comments

• a_pmorenoca_pmorenoc Member
    633 karma

As long as you're confident that you wrote a killer personal statement, your CGPA can definitely compensate for a slightly lower LSAT score! If you do consider retaking, I'd just make sure that you're positive you can achieve a much higher score. Best of luck, UofT is one of my top choices as well and the stats are definitely on the higher end compared to the other schools but we got this!

• andrew.rsnandrew.rsn Alum Member
    831 karma

I would definitely recommend retaking if you feel you can score at least a 166. While I'm not too familiar with UofT, being below the 25th percentile would make it a reach in my opinion.