Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Law Schools Accepting GRE Scores Everywhere??

pugloverpuglover Member
in General 149 karma

I just saw some people post about how law schools are now accepting GRE scores as well as LSAT at every ABA accredited school. I also saw some articles online about it. Just wanted to reach out and ask if this is true, and if anyone else has any information on it, and what are the implications other than having more options.

Comments

• andrew.rsnandrew.rsn Alum Member
    831 karma

I'm not sure if this is true but I do know that while some Law schools except GRE they prefer LSAT scores. If you have both a GRE score and an LSAT score, they will only look at your LSAT score, not both. If you haven't taken the LSAT but have a GRE, then they will accept your GRE for evaluation.

• sarakimmelsarakimmel Member
    1488 karma

Yes, I read an ABA article about that, indeed the GRE can be accepted in lieu of the LSAT at all law schools... however the LSAT is still preferred, and it is too soon to know how the GRE will be treated for the purposes of scholarships. I think it will take until at least next cycle for schools to figure out how to handle this change.