Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can I accept a school and try again next cycle?

I am applying this month as a URM 3.47/169, though I feel that If I try again on September I get a better chance. But is this allowed?

Comments

• sarakimmelsarakimmel Member
    1488 karma

Yes, you can apply this cycle and if you don't like your offers or think you might be a more competitive applicant earlier in the next cycle, you can definitely withdraw your apps and submit again in the fall.

• 211 karma

Thank you, though is it possible that if I accept in this cycle, can I try again the next cycle?

• taylorthehopefultaylorthehopeful Core Member
    69 karma

@"I say go go go" said:
    Thank you, though is it possible that if I accept in this cycle, can I try again the next cycle?

yes. You can reapply to a school that accepted you if you don't like their offer.

• andrew.rsnandrew.rsn Alum Member
    831 karma

The way you're wording your question is confusing. Are you asking if you accept a school's offer and start at that school in fall 2022 can you reapply next cycle for a different school? In this case, you would be applying as a transfer student in which case yes it is allowed.

Everyone else is correct in that you can also apply this cycle and withdraw/not accept any offers and reapply next cycle. You may be better off just waiting anyways if you're nervous about applying later in the cycle.