Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT addendum

My LSAT score jumped 19 points. From a 157 in June to a 176 in November. There were a few factors to why I scored so low in June compared to Nov (Exam day after finals week, loud college town, my room was 90 degrees, etc.) but more than anything I just wasn't ready. would explaining that i was exhausted from finals week be a good enough reason to explain the score jump? Also should I mention my cancelled score from April in my addendum?
Thanks for any help!

Comments

• lawyer2021lawyer2021 Member
    536 karma

how did you able to do well on the LG?

• sarakimmelsarakimmel Member
    1488 karma

First of all, congrats on your 176!! That's stupendous! I wouldn't mention a canceled score before your first official. I would focus on the fact that you weren't ready, had just taken your final exams, and that you had less than ideal testing conditions as the reasons for your low score in June, mentioning each but very matter-of-factly. Any one of those would be enough to throw you off your game, let alone all three!

• skeech237skeech237 Core Member
    14 karma

@lawyer2021 said:
    how did you able to do well on the LG?

The LG I had was pretty standard. I was able to solve for a bunch of sub game boards. Also quickly realized which game was the hardest and saved it for last. Don't really have a method for doing LG like I do for RC/LR, just a lot of practice.

14 karma

@sarakimmel said:
    First of all, congrats on your 176!! That's stupendous! I wouldn't mention a canceled score before your first official. I would focus on the fact that you weren't ready, had just taken your final exams, and that you had less than ideal testing conditions as the reasons for your low score in June, mentioning each but very matter-of-factly. Any one of those would be enough to throw you off your game, let alone all three!

Thank you! I'm glad it's finally over. I'm trying to get these essays done as soon as possible so I can send in apps before Christmas. I mostly talked about how the exam was right after finals week but I'll mention the environmental factors as well. Thanks for the help!

• nurlsat234-1nurlsat234-1 Core Member
    136 karma

congratulations @skeech237 !!! If you have some time to post, would love to hear & would really appreciate your RC strategy, I've been struggling with that recently

14 karma

@shah4567 said:
    congratulations @skeech237 !!! If you have some time to post, would love to hear & would really appreciate your RC strategy, I've been struggling with that recently

Yeah np I'm procrastinating my essays rn anyway. RC was my worst section. Went from getting almost half wrong to -0/-2 by the nov LSAT. At first, I wasn't able to get to the last passage, and the issue was I wasn't spending enough time with the passage itself and would always have to go back to it to find answers. What helped me the most was doing those low res 2-3 word summaries at the end of each paragraph. But don't just think about it, actually write it down on paper. Also when you're reading pay attention to structure and tone by asking yourself "what is this guy trying to tell me and why". All the passages follow a few specific templates and you'll be able to catch on to those templates the more you answer the "what is this guy trying to tell me and why" question.
    The inference questions in RC are easier than the ones in LR so leaning towards weaker wording can help you out a lot, it won't always be right but a lot of the time it is.
    Also remember that MP questions don't have to talk about the whole passage, they just have to correctly convey the author's intention for writing the passage.