Chances of getting into Ontario law school with a median GPA(3.76)?

Laska2400Laska2400 Free Trial Member

Also what should be the minimum LSAT score required to get in? Is it possible to get in with a 150s? Could anyone share their personal experience wherein they got selected with such scores?
Thanks!

Comments

• a_pmorenoca_pmorenoc Member
    633 karma

I would say it really depends on what schools you're applying to and your best/last 2 years gpa; as for an LSAT in the 150s, the only schools I know that are more likely to accept them (granted you surpass their gpa median) are Ottawa and Windsor, others are more unlikely unless you applied Access category or have some amazing EC's and statements. I was accepted last round to Osgoode with a 165 and 3.55 gpa so having one stat compensate for the other can help. Hope this helps!

• Laska2400Laska2400 Free Trial Member
    6 karma

3.55 was best two?
    My best/last two years is 3.88. Do I stand a chance with that and a 150s for osgoode? Also, in which month did you receive your offer?

633 karma

@Laska2400 said:
    3.55 was best two?
    My best/last two years is 3.88. Do I stand a chance with that and a 150s for osgoode? Also, in which month did you receive your offer?

3.55 overall, my best/last two was 3.67. Your GPA is great, but are you referring to a low-mid-high 150? Definitely will have a better chance with higher 150s like 158/159 but anything lower, I'm not sure is very competitive especially with the higher number of applicants. I received an offer in January!

• edited December 2021 110 karma

@a_pmorenoc said:
    I would say it really depends on what schools you're applying to and your best/last 2 years gpa; as for an LSAT in the 150s, the only schools I know that are more likely to accept them (granted you surpass their gpa median) are Ottawa and Windsor, others are more unlikely unless you applied Access category or have some amazing EC's and statements. I was accepted last round to Osgoode with a 165 and 3.55 gpa so having one stat compensate for the other can help. Hope this helps!

Did you fill out the portion of the application that asks you about any extenuating circumstances? We have similar stats and I applied to Osgoode this cycle: 3.45cGPA/3.8L2&B2 and I'm scoring in the 160s right now, taking January and I'm confident I'll be at a 165 by then.

633 karma

@"Facta Non Verba" said:

@a_pmorenoc said:

Did you fill out the portion of the application that asks you about any extenuating circumstances? We have similar stats and I applied to Osgoode this cycle: 3.45cGPA/3.8L2&B2 and I'm scoring in the 160s right now, taking January and I'm confident I'll be at a 165 by then.

I did! If you'd like to know more about my circumstances to see if its comparable, feel free to dm me. If you can score a 165 in January, I'm sure you have great odds!