Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Summarizing LR Question Types

acbclarosacbclaros Alum Member
edited December 2021 in Logical Reasoning 20 karma

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has created a list of the LR question types and what the anticipated correct answer/ anticipated wrong answer looks like per question type. I remember coming across this type of list when I was first studying for the LSAT but cannot seem to find it anymore. I am hoping to work on mine this weekend and would love to cross-reference with another's.

Comments

• Hephner_Hephner_ Live Member
    59 karma

following

• minashareghiminashareghi Member
    26 karma

I don't remember where either but this quizlet was commented somewhere in the CC: https://quizlet.com/142715075/lsat-lr-strategies-by-question-type-flash-cards/

• RaphaelPRaphaelP Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    edited December 2021 1121 karma

Here's how I taxonomize question types for my students:

ARGUMENT DESCRIPTION (Ones where you're figuring out what's happening in the argument/describing basic aspects of what the argument says):
    --Main conclusion
    --Argument part
    --Point at Issue/Disagree
    --Method of Reasoning

ARGUMENT EVALUATION (Ok, we know what the argument says - but is this a good argument/a bad argument, and how can we figure out ways to alter it):
    --Flaw
    --Strengthen
    --Weaken
    --Resolve Reconcile Explain
    --Evaluate

LAWGIC (More of the "odd person out" category - these are the ones that may or may not be arguments, but tend to be more formulaic):
    --Parallel (Regular Parallel Method of Reasoning; Parallel Flaw)
    --Assumption (Necessary; Sufficient)
    --Inference (Must Be True/Must Be False; Most Strongly Supported)

MISCELLANEOUS (Weird ones that only occasionally show up)
    --Fill in the blank/complete the argument (arguably a subset of MSS)
    --Equivocation (someone is confused and misunderstands a remark - what word did they equivocate on?)

• Alexi LeoAlexi Leo Member
    edited December 2021 19 karma