Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does anyone have strategies for re-taking LSAT after time off?

Utility BillUtility Bill Core Member
in General 74 karma

I've taken the LSAT twice 149 June 2020 and 161 October 2020. I am aiming to re-take the LSAT in June of 2022 after having taken about a 12 month "break." It was never intended to be a break (lol).

Does anyone have any strategies for returning to studying? Today, I'm beginning my journey back on the LSAT train having dedicated over 10 months to studying prior. I've done a majority of the PTs and am looking for tips on how to keep things fresh and engaging. I've also completed to core curriculum.

Comments

• Utility BillUtility Bill Core Member
    74 karma

Also, working full-time so if anyone has a schedule to suggest that'd be lovely!

• Law and YodaLaw and Yoda Alum Member
    edited December 2021 4306 karma

I took a 3.5 - 4 month break and it was definitely difficult to get back into a rhythm, as I also work full time and my work load became more. I found it was easier to start by studying material I "had in the bag." For me this was LG so I started each day with games and worked my way back into a strategic study plan tackling the material I'm weak in. I also didn't jump right into studying for long hours - short and sweet to just find my routine again.

I'm a morning person so I studied for a few hours before work - at lunch - and again for an hour or so after work. Its about quality not quantity. Find the hours that your mind is most alert, spend that time studying.

Remember, it never gets easier, you just get better. Build your weaknesses until they become your strengths.