Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice: What to do if early decision app is rolled over to regular pool?

Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
edited December 2021 in Law School Admissions 1417 karma

Hello 7 Sage Community,

I applied early decision and my app is rolled over to regular pool. What could I do before another status update which will be around early February? I am not registered for the January LSAT. Should I submit a letter of continued interest?

Thanks for your time and help.

Comments

• andrew.rsnandrew.rsn Alum Member
    831 karma

You can certainly submit a letter of continued interest. Or if you haven't already submitted a "Why X" essay I would do that as well.

• yang9999yang9999 Core Member
    419 karma

if this is Berkeley then they will tell you simply to sit tight and wait

• Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
    1417 karma

Thank you @"andrew.rsn" My personal statement had a short paragraph at the end "Why X" school. I will try the letter of continued interest. How would you recommend crafting the letter of continued interest? Would you list visits, interactions with specific faculty, students, etc.?

@yang9999 this is not for UC Berkeley but it is for University of San Diego. :)

• andrew.rsnandrew.rsn Alum Member
    831 karma

I think that if you have/will visit and have meaningful conversations or learn meaningful things that stick with you - then talking about said items in your letter and how they make you want to attend could help, or discuss reasons on why you believe you would be a great fit for USD. I think 7sage may have a section on continued interest letters in the "what to do if you're waitlisted" section.

Goodluck!

• Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
    1417 karma

Thank you so much @"andrew.rsn"