noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
edited December 2021 in Law School Admissions 3481 karma

Comments

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    edited December 2021 3481 karma

• fin..501fin..501 Member
    125 karma

It's definitely not perfect but the ideas are actually very interesting and it's a bold subject... insider non-trading is super interesting and original. I don't think I've ever heard someone give that perspective, or even point out that it's a potential problem. You would probably enjoy thinking about vaccine hesitancy through the same lens... applying a vaccine being the "active" and neglecting a vaccine being "passive," and the weight-on-conscience of each option in the case of a bad/good outcome. I think it's true that acting and having a bad outcome feels worse than neglecting to do something and having a bad outcome... it's all interesting. Thanks for sharing!

• Determined_-1Determined_-1 Member
    919 karma

Thank you for sharing and clearly this was an amazing accomplishment! Congratulations you should be so proud of yourself :)

• tams2018tams2018 Member
    727 karma

@noonawoon said:

@"fin.cobb" said:
    It's definitely not perfect but the ideas are actually very interesting and it's a bold subject... insider non-trading is super interesting and original. I don't think I've ever heard someone give that perspective, or even point out that it's a potential problem. You would probably enjoy thinking about vaccine hesitancy through the same lens... applying a vaccine being the "active" and neglecting a vaccine being "passive," and the weight-on-conscience of each option in the case of a bad/good outcome. I think it's true that acting and having a bad outcome feels worse than neglecting to do something and having a bad outcome... it's all interesting. Thanks for sharing!

I was not asking for advice, as I have already applied in a previous cycle :) Good luck with your apps if you have any pending!

They were just sharing their thoughts. Which I presume was the intent of this post.

edited December 2021 125 karma

@tams2018 thanks yes just sharing thoughts. Maybe I shouldn't have led with 'it's not perfect' lol... Sorry if I offended. Of course it's good you got into Yale

125 karma

@noonawoon sorry but it wasn't even feedback. I read your 250 and I just thought you might think another idea was interesting because it is related - hence "you would probably enjoy thinking about." I regret mentioning that your statement isn't perfect!

• Law and YodaLaw and Yoda Alum Member
    edited December 2021 4300 karma

@noonawoon said:

@tams2018 said:

@noonawoon said:

@"fin.cobb" said:

I was not asking for advice, as I have already applied in a previous cycle :) Good luck with your apps if you have any pending!

They were just sharing their thoughts. Which I presume was the intent of this post.

Intent was not to solicit feedback from 0Ls lol, must be a misunderstanding there

From one fellow star member to another, it's important to remind you of our commitment to the community, which I personally think includes a mutual level of respect. In all fairness, when something is posted as a discussion on a public forum; feedback, comments, and suggestions/criticism will naturally occur, whether you explicitly state for feedback or not. You had the original Yale 250 posted with no other writing other than wanting to just share it for others to see in case it may be helpful. I think if you didn't want feedback or comments, you should have clearly stated that in your original post.

It seems a bit unfair for you to comment that you did not want feedback from someone who you presume is an "0L." At some point you were also a "0L" offering feedback, criticism, comments, etc. in which maybe those post did not ask for it.

• I look at the comment as "thin skinned" as opposed to "unfair". Noonawoon, you will receive plenty of unsolicitated "feedback" at Yale. For your own sake, I hope you learn to roll with others thoughts better than you seem to be showing here.

• Ashley2018-1Ashley2018-1 Live Member
    edited December 2021 2249 karma

I mean if the person got into Yale with this essay, I think it's perfect as is.