Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

just curious!

mia12345mia12345 Core Member
in General 260 karma

with the stress of the lsat coming up I wanted to hear some inspiration and potentially remind ourselves why we are taking this crazy test! Would love to hear some of your stories of how old you are, what work experience or school background you have, and what made you make the move to want to go to law school :) I think sometimes we can get so LSAT focused it's easy to forget what we are even taking the test for!!

Comments

• edited January 2022 92 karma

Queer, 24, background working with kids and in social services, finally coming to terms with my reality of being in the child welfare system and all the shit that came with that + my interest in criminal justice and human rights = deciding the year I graduated to pursue law school. I'm feeling really low lately in the LSAT studies with FT work and health issues but believing I can use my skills and lived experience to help others reminds me I fucking owe it to myself to not give up and give my all. What about you @mia12345?

• Scott MilamScott Milam Member Administrator Moderator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    1312 karma

I am a 37-year-old school teacher and former pastor who took the LSAT for the first time last June. At the time I was hoping just to get into a tier 2 or 3 law school with a decent scholarship so I could work in the family law firm.

I ended up getting a 180.

I’m now sitting in shock as I await decisions from schools I never dreamed of attending, confident that I will get to choose between multiple full rides. I still can’t believe this is the life I’m living and I’m so grateful.

• FutureEsqFutureEsq Member
    105 karma

I'm 24, 1st gen college grad and 1st gen American citizen. I wanted to go into law since high school. I grew up I a really poor family where my mom was a waitress and my dad was a cook at a Mexican restaurant. They died when I was 11 and moved to the middle of nowhere with family members I didn't even know I had. My parents always wanted the best for us and they gave up everything they new to come to the US in hopes of achieving the "American dream" and to offer us a fighting chance to a better tomorrow. didn't grow up in the best environment and had to work my way through college. held two jobs, was a full time student and also an athlete. So I definitely know what hard work is, this all inspired me even more to go to law school in the hopes to help immigrant parents and children getting they papers to also take grab of the amazing chance I was given. I also want to be a role model to my siblings and the younger generation behind me. experienced many challenges in life as well as social ones. I want to possibly go into immigration law and or human rights. I worked way too hard for this and I WILL MAKE IT NO MATTER WHAT!!

Cheers to a better future to us all!