Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worse than expected

edited January 2022 in January 2022 LSAT 308 karma

This is my last time taking the LSAT (for various reasons, no retaking is not an option). I took a break from studying in December because I felt so burnt out.
I've been doing problem sets and reviewing some material to refresh my studying and feel like somehow I've gotten much worse? I took a PT today (the last one I am planning on taking before the real deal so I don't freak out) and...well...I'm freaking out. I took a PT today and scored lower than what I've been scoring ..I don't know what's going wrong or how to fix it in such a short amount of time. This January test is a make-it-or-break it for my career. Spiralling downwards FAST. Any tips? #Help

Comments

• Scott MilamScott Milam Member Administrator Moderator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    1306 karma

First, the advice you asked for:
    You aren't likely to substantially improve your score in the last week. The LSAT isn't really the sort of test you can cram for. Your goal during your last week is to avoid being rusty, feeling exhausted or suffering a lack of confidence on exam day.

Take 1-2 timed sections each day (focusing on your weakest sections). Get yourself used to the "rhythm" of the test again. You have done the work. You're prepared. Now you just have to calm yourself down and do your best!

Now, the advice you didn't ask for, but may need to hear...
    There is some inherent tension between these two ideas:

This is my last time taking the LSAT...

and...

This January test is a make-it-or-break it for my career.

Unless you literally cannot take again because you've exhausted your takes, declaring that you absolutely won't retake despite the fact that you must succeed is a recipe for frustration. If you aren't ready to take the test, it is always better to wait until you are ready and confident. If this truly is make or break, give yourself the best possibility for success.

Good luck!