PT15.S3.Q01 - Why is B be the answer

llfloreanillfloreani Member
edited January 2022 in Logical Reasoning 9 karma

Hi, I'm doing problem sets and for whatever reason there are no explanation videos for the answers. I enjoy watching the videos because I like to know what I did wrong and right. Why aren't there any explanation videos available? Maybe I am not looking in the right spot, but there aren't any for the practice test answers eithers. It seems as if the explanation videos are only on the syllabus. Can y'all help a sister out?

Comments

• kmthanopouloskmthanopoulos Member
    6 karma

Hi! So the answer says that the main point is to prove that Shakespeare's plays were confined to the elites. The author proves this by concluding that the materials the books used were basically too fancy for the uneducated / non-elites.

• KariOmooKariOmoo Member
    edited January 2022 70 karma

Yes, there aren't any explanation videos for LR PTs 1 - 15 as well as some of the lettered tests (PTA, etc).

For PT 15 S3 Q01, since it is a Main Conclusion, I like to first identify the sentence that is closest to the MC.
    First sentence is context
    Second sentence is main conclusion
    Third sentence is premise

Taking a closer look at the second sentence, it states, "Skepticism about this claim is borne out by examining early eighteenth-century editions of the plays." What is "this claim?" If you look at the first sentence, it is the claim by "those who support the continued reading and performance of Shakespeare's plays" ... that "his work has always extended beyond educated elites."

Therefore, the main conclusion should say something like, casts doubt on the claim that Shakespeare's plays always included people beyond the elites.

A: No, the main conclusion is not trying to say that S's plays are a criterion for distinguishing between classes.
    B: Yes, the main point is to provide evidence to suggest that Shakespeare's plays were confined to elites at some point, and thus not extending to people with ordinary means.
    C: No, the stimulus doesn't talk at all about what is appreciated today.
    D : No, trap answer, the author is not trying to prove definitively that only educated elites have appreciated Shakespeare's work ever since they were created, only to cast doubt on the claim that Shakespeare's work has always been appreciated beyond just the elites. (Therefore, it is possible that at one time Shakespeare's work was limited only to elites, which is what B says)
    E: No, the educated elite are not the ones with skepticism

• Paula --Student Service--Paula --Student Service-- Member Administrator Student Services
    edited January 2022 848 karma

Hi @llfloreani ,

I'm sorry about that.

After taking Problem Sets, the quickest way to navigate to the explanation videos for each question is by tapping the "Explanation" button located at the rightmost column of the results table.

However, we haven’t gotten around to making the explanation videos for some sections in the older PrepTests (PrepTests 1-16).

We currently have Explanation Videos for nearly every question in every PrepTest:

Logical Reasoning: PrepTests 17 - 89 and PrepTest May 2020
    Logic Games: every PrepTest ever published
    Reading Comprehension: PrepTests 1 - 89 and PrepTest May 2020

Also, you can find all of 7Sage's Explanation Videos on this page: https://7sage.com/lsat-explanations/.

For the questions that do not have an Explanation Video, you can search for any past question discussion on the Discussion Forum, by typing in the PrepTest number, section number, and question number in the search box in the following format: PT#.S#.Q#.

I hope that helped. Please let me know if you have any further questions.