Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

January LSAT Question

lsatqueen-1lsatqueen-1 Member
edited January 2022 in General 12 karma

Hey you guys,

My test is tomorrow (freaking out) and I've been on reddit... I've seen people talk about using ctrl/f or command f for the reading comprehension section... does anyone know if this is allowed? I want to make sure it's okay for me to do during the test because it'll def make things quicker!!

Also, heads up for anyone who needs this: you can use ear plugs during your test! esp if you live in a noisy apartment :)

Comments

• a_pmorenoca_pmorenoc Member
    633 karma

yes ctrl+f is allowed :)

• Darien022Darien022 Member
    129 karma

Power Score Podcast said that it's been confirmed you can use ctrl+f, but I asked the proctor today and she said it's not allowed. So, I'm not sure...

• a_pmorenoca_pmorenoc Member
    633 karma

LSAC has confirmed that it is allowed! Some proctors aren't aware of all the rules so what I like to do is know my accommodations and allowed tools that seem 'unusual' beforehand and make the proctor aware that I know what's allowed on the test. Ex 'i just wanted to confirm that you have my 50% extra time accommodations and that you're aware we're allowed to use ctrl f during the test' and they always say yup you're good to go

• MattDegz14MattDegz14 Member
    129 karma

Yes, it is allowed. Past test takers who have been taking the LSAT online have been using this feature with no issue.

• 137 karma

Can someone talk about how to use this strategy? Thx.

• Darien022Darien022 Member
    129 karma

@NorthSide60660 said:
    Can someone talk about how to use this strategy? Thx.

When you get a dense passage, and a question asks about something specific (a specific term or part of the passage), just ctrl-f that ish.. sometimes with anxiety your mental image of the passage becomes distorted, and you forget where details are located.