Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quick question! What is the difference between standard time and target time?

Hey everyone! I don't understand the difference between standard and target time. Would appreciate some clarification!

Comments

• ellewoods2ellewoods2 Member
    55 karma

Specifically, for when we're drilling LG games in the syllabus. Thanks!

• Cherry - Student ServiceCherry - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    1390 karma

Hi there,

The standard time is the amount of time you would receive on the actual LSAT. For example, the time for the LG section on the LSAT is 35 minutes for 4 games.

However, target time are calculated from our Analytics and it is based on collected data from top scorers and your actual time. In other words, target times are derived from actual times of top scorers. It's an indicate of how long the question “should” take.

The target time for LR is the median duration for students who got the question correct. For LG/RC, it's the median time for students who got -2 or better on the game/passage. The target time for each question is different. Some might be more than what you actually spent and some less.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further questions.

• venus.ro1venus.ro1 Member
    4 karma

Should we be studying on target time or standard time?