Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lsat Problem

ledkarlyledkarly Member
in General 483 karma

Hi I was writing my test this morning. This was my third time writing my test and the first time writing the test the proctor asked me where my phone was and I said outside and he said to go get it and put it in the room (so thats what I thought it had to be). Today, my alarm went off (I know I should've turned off my phone so this was my fault), I asked the proctor if I could go turn it off (by voice), she said yes but show me your room after (by text). I did. I told her where my phone was (Across the room), and performed a room scan twice (showed her my laptop through the mirror). 2 min later someone came in and said you weren't allowed to do that and terminated the test. I was confused because the first proctor said yes turn off your alarm, and so I did. I called LSAC and filed a complaint.

What do you think will happen?

Comments

• Stand by your words, stand by the facts, and do not bend to LSAC. They are clearly in the wrong choosing proctors to act on their behalf who are incompetent. If proctor told ypu are allowed to do something, it means that you take proctor instruction as instruction from LSAC. So don't get discouraged, and fight for your rights. I think LSAC needs to refund you the cost of the test. And if there are any implications of test termination you should not have them. I hate LSAC, im an international and they really screwed me over on my foreign diplomas, I hate monopolies PERIOD. I lost time, and you lost this test. But at least get your record clean and get your money back. You followed proctor instructions PERIOD. If they find fault on the proctor, they should take it up with him/her, but do not let yourself become a scape goat. I wish you good luck!

• 12 karma

I am so sorry for that experience. I hope LSAC lets you retest.

• ledkarlyledkarly Member
    483 karma

hi, thank you so much for your response. I dont even know why there was an alarm, but I would've left it rang if she had told me I wasn't allowed to turn it off. I am so sad today, Im just hoping for an email back. If they dont let me re-write it its ok, I have another one on file that I am ok with. I just dont want them to flag my account. > @"Publiclydisplayedname-1" said:

Stand by your words, stand by the facts, and do not bend to LSAC. They are clearly in the wrong choosing proctors to act on their behalf who are incompetent. If proctor told ypu are allowed to do something, it means that you take proctor instruction as instruction from LSAC. So don't get discouraged, and fight for your rights. I think LSAC needs to refund you the cost of the test. And if there are any implications of test termination you should not have them. I hate LSAC, im an international and they really screwed me over on my foreign diplomas, I hate monopolies PERIOD. I lost time, and you lost this test. But at least get your record clean and get your money back. You followed proctor instructions PERIOD. If they find fault on the proctor, they should take it up with him/her, but do not let yourself become a scape goat. I wish you good luck!

• @ledkarly
    Dont be sad. This is life. Shit happens. Just don't let them make you in the wrongs, because you are not.