Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Study Group

Hello everyone!

I recently just restarted studying for the LSAT and I am looking to form a study group that meets a few times a week, Monday-Thursday. I am quite open to different studying times, although my preference is for afternoon (2-5pm). Mornings work for me as well.

The purpose of this study group is to hold each other accountable. We would each use the time to study whatever we'd like as opposed to discussing questions and LSAT topics. If you are interested, please let me know!

Thanks,
Matthew

Comments

• lawyer2021lawyer2021 Member
    536 karma

Iam interested.

• tapny1tapny1 Alum Member
    181 karma

This is great Matthew. Please add me to this too.

• stephaniee490stephaniee490 Core Member
    17 karma

I am interested as well

• MCHAMP77MCHAMP77 Member
    142 karma

I am interested in studying together. I'm taking either Feb or Mar LSAT and started a discord page to facilitate a study group. It's just me and another person, we are starting to do full PT's and BR them

• marinaaaamarinaaaa Member
    19 karma

interested as well

• roxy_713roxy_713 Core Member
    14 karma

I am interested as well. However, if anyone is available after 5p.m. that would be wonderful!

• Annie_lawAnnie_law Member
    53 karma

Hi sign me up too!

• LSATStudent-9LSATStudent-9 Member
    edited December 2021 257 karma

Hey everyone! Thanks for showing interest.

So here is the plan.

We would start off by doing a study session on Tuesday, December 28th (I will share a link for a zoom session or a google hangout) from 2-5 pm.

The session would consist of us spending the first 15 minutes talking (Introducing ourselves). We would then spend the next 1.5 hours studying, then another 15 minutes break/talking, then finally 1 hour of studying. The 15 minute sessions can be used to just take a break (bathroom, food, whatever) if you don't want to chat either, except I would like to use the very first 15 minutes session on Tuesday to get to know each other.

If all goes well, we will continue this every week and do something like this Monday-Thursday. If for some reason some of us have a conflict during one of the sessions (which I may have myself), then the session will remain open to those who are free during that time.

If you would kindly send me your email addresses that would be great. If for some reason I don't get an email address, I will message you directly. Re the person who wants to use Discord, I prefer not to use that platform as it can be too distracting. However, you are more than welcome to join our session!

The point of this study session is again to hold each other accountable and study! We are all likely at different stages of our LSAT journey, so we would spend the time just studying our own thing. That being said, if someone wants to discuss a section/question or something, I would be happy to entertain that.

Let me know your thoughts. I am open to any suggestions.

And if you will be joining Tuesday let me know!

Thanks!

Matthew

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

Interested.

• edited December 2021 25 karma

NA

• Cherry - Student ServiceCherry - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    1390 karma

@jeffreycashdollar said:
    I’m interested, and seeking advice on study plan options. This will be my third attempt in April, fingers crossed. I’m watching/reading 7Saga, Mike Kim, LSAC prep and after taking the Princeton Review last time-I’m all over the board here. I like the discipline of a group as I need to take “more timed” exams.

Realizing too many members can be challenging, keep me in mind, thanks.

Jeff Cashdollar

Hi there,

We recommend that you do not to post your email or phone number publicly. Spam bots might pick up your email & number and you'll get spam. If you want to share contact info, you can use a private message. You can see our Forum Rules on this page.
    https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/15

I deleted your contact info from this Discussion Thread.

Let us know if you have any questions.

• FutureDA24-1FutureDA24-1 Member
    16 karma

I am interested. Is it too late to get in on this?

edited December 2021 257 karma

Hello everyone! I see more of you expressing interest in this group! That is fantastic. I have attached the zoom link below and will be contacting you each directly with the link. Make sure to add it to your calendar!

It will be on Tuesday, December 28 from 2-5pm EST.

Reminder: The first 15 minutes we will introduce ourselves, the next 1.5 hours we will study, then we will have another 15 minutes break/talking, then finally 1 hour of studying. The 15 minute sessions can be used to just take a break (bathroom, food, whatever) if you don't want to chat either, except I would like to use the very first 15 minutes session on Tuesday to get to know each other.

Matthew Weinberg is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Join Zoom Meeting
    https://us04web.zoom.us/j/73042398721?pwd=VmJjNmMyWTh5TlJDMUR2WTlsN0FGQT09

Meeting ID: 730 4239 8721
    Passcode: nLrD1E

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out. If all goes well, we will aim for doing this 4-5 days a week! Feedback is definitely appreciated.

Looking forward to meeting all of you!

Best,
    Matthew

• blackmambablackmamba Member
    96 karma

Definitely wanna get in on this

257 karma

My apologies but it has been brought to my attention that I did not mention the timezone. The sessions will be Eastern Standard Time (EST)!

257 karma

Hello everyone! Looks like there has been some confusion about our first session. The first session actually starts tomorrow at 2PM, it did not start today. Make sure to click the link above tomorrow and you will be good to go!

257 karma

Hello everybody! Just a reminder we are starting at 2pm EST (about 40 minutes from now!) Looking forward to seeing you all!

257 karma

UPDATE: It was great meeting you all today! It was a highly productive study session, with us spending 2.5 hours studying and the 30 minutes break time total as planned. Many of you have already committed to doing this daily (Monday-Thursday 2-5PM EST) which I am super excited about! We will also have meetings every Friday (1-4PM EST).

For those who are new and would like to join, just shoot me a direct message and I will see if there is space for you.

I have created a recurring zoom meeting link so that each time the session starts we can keep using the same link every session, as opposed to needing a unique link for each meeting.

Here is the recurring meeting link for Monday-Thursdays 2-5PM EST:

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 730 4239 8721
    Passcode: nLrD1E

Note, I have also made a recurring meeting link for Fridays, 1:00-4:00pm EST:

Join Zoom Meeting
    https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82350409168?pwd=OE1LTFNTTXV6Q1BCVzc5T0Zjb3NMdz09

Meeting ID: 823 5040 9168
    Passcode: 857525

Our Monday-Thursday Sessions will look like this:

2:00-2:15pm: Break/Talking time.

2:15:-3:45pm: Study time.

3:45-4:00pm: Break/Talking Time

4:00-5:00pm: Study time.

Our Friday Sessions will look like this:

1:00-1:15pm: Break/Talking Time

1:15-2:45pm: Study Time.

2:45-3:00pm: Break/Talking Time.

3:00-4:00pm: Study time.

Note: A couple of you have suggested a few ways of improving accountability. As discussed, keeping our cameras on is very helpful for this. You don't have to do this, but if one of us sees someone away from their screen we can help keep each other in check that way by sending that person a message asking where they went/are. This way when they come back, they will be reminded to work.

Sharing our screens is probably the best way of doing this, so we know that each of us are not procrastinating. I highly recommend this option. None of these options are required, but they are great ways of improving accountability. That being said, some of us (myself included) are doing a good job studying just knowing there are other people online studying with us, and may not feel the need for these other options. So do as you wish!

Looking forward to our next session and as always, don't hesitate to post here any questions or feedback.

Good luck everyone!

Matthew

• stephaniee490stephaniee490 Core Member
    17 karma

Hey guys, I had asked yall a question regarding pt 68 LR 2 question 24. I figured out my mistake but if yall wanted to go over it I can discuss it, its actually really simple now that I've figured it out.

• Annie_lawAnnie_law Member
    53 karma

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10mlrwqvK_GWoZHe2yh6fRTzHs-J0bXsF

Here is a link for prep resources it really helped me I was shown this through the UCLA law conference

257 karma

Thanks Annie!

257 karma

Great job today everyone! We still have more space for more to join our sessions so feel free to message me directly if you are interested!

• taiga_aisakataiga_aisaka Core Member
    52 karma

@mweinberg97 I'm interested! Messaged you :)

257 karma

Hey everyone! Just a reminder that tomorrow is Friday, so our session will be from 1-4PM EST.

Also, we will not be having sessions on Monday and Tuesday (January 3rd and January 4th) of next week. Sessions will resume on Wednesday, January 5th.

Happy New Year everyone! I hope 2022 is a great year for all of you.

Best,
    Matthew

257 karma

Hey everyone! Just a reminder that Friday Zoom Link is separate than Monday-Thursday's.

Friday's Zoom Link is: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82350409168?pwd=OE1LTFNTTXV6Q1BCVzc5T0Zjb3NMdz09

Monday-Thursday Zoom Link is: https://us04web.zoom.us/j/73042398721?pwd=VmJjNmMyWTh5TlJDMUR2WTlsN0FGQT09

• nivovadia8nivovadia8 Core Member
    26 karma

Hey everyone,
    If y'all want to review a specific section or an entire PT for this week let me know we can all work on the same one and then tackle it either after or before one of our sections on Wednesday-Friday :smile:

• ArtichokeArtichoke Core Member
    41 karma

Hi there, I am interested in joining this. Is it too late? When is the next study session and what are the regular meeting hours?

257 karma

@Artichoke

Hello! It is not too late. You are welcome to join!

We are off tomorrow and Tuesday. So our next session is going to be on Wednesday, January 5th from 2-5PM EST.

Our times are from Monday through Thursday 2-5PM EST and Friday 1-4PM EST. We have two separate recurring meeting links (one for Monday-Thursday and one for Friday).

For convenience, here’s the respective meetings links:

Here is the recurring meeting link for Monday-Thursdays 2-5PM EST:

Join Zoom Meeting

Here is the recurring meeting link for Fridays, 1:00-4:00pm EST:

Join Zoom Meeting
    https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82350409168?pwd=OE1LTFNTTXV6Q1BCVzc5T0Zjb3NMdz09

Looking forward to having you and let us know if you have any other questions.

257 karma

Just a reminder that we are resuming our sessions today in 20 minutes!

• Hi! I'm interested!

257 karma

Reminder: We are on now until 5pm EST!

257 karma

Reminder: We are on now until 4pm EST!

257 karma

Reminder: Our next session is Monday, 1/10 at 2PM EST!

257 karma

Hey everyone! Had some link issues but we are on now!

257 karma

FYI Everyone: The feedback for this session has been fantastic! It seems like the idea of accountability and knowing other people are studying at the same time as you works for a lot of people!

I've asked around and it seems like most people would like a separate session (In addition to the ones we already have) to work together. This way, we have one study session for accountability and doing our own thing, and another study session for test taking strategies and working together.

So if you would like to a set up a separate session to study together and focus on strategies (And work on PT/Sections, etc) free to post here in the discussion group the times you are free for that and what you would like to work on!

Best,
    Matthew

257 karma

Reminder: We are on tomorrow, 1/12 from 2-5PM EST. See info above for link!

257 karma

We are on in 5 minutes from 2-5PM EST. See info above for link!

257 karma

Reminder: Our next session is Tomorrow, 1/13 at 2PM EST! See info above for link!

• ukkie0308ukkie0308 Live Member
    46 karma

Hi, I'm interested as well! Is it too late to join?

257 karma

@ukkie0308 Hello! It is not too late! You are welcomed to join. We are on tomorrow from 2-5PM EST. Here is the link for tomorrow (which is the same link we use from Monday-Thursdays 2-5PM EST): https://us04web.zoom.us/j/73042398721?pwd=VmJjNmMyWTh5TlJDMUR2WTlsN0FGQT09 Hope to see you there!

Also, here is our link for Friday's (which is from 1-4 PM EST) https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82350409168?pwd=OE1LTFNTTXV6Q1BCVzc5T0Zjb3NMdz09

Hope to see you at our session!

Best,
    Matthew

257 karma

On in 5 minutes!

257 karma

Hey everyone! While today is a holiday, many of you have expressed interest in still studying today so we are on now until 5pm EST!

Link below:

https://us02web.zoom.us/s/82350409168?pwd=OE1LTFNTTXV6Q1BCVzc5T0Zjb3NMdz09#success

257 karma

Apologies! Here is the correct link!

257 karma

We are on now until 5pm EST!

• DalHopefulDalHopeful Member
    64 karma

I would love to be a part of this!!

257 karma

Hello everyone! We are on right now until 5pm EST! Also, we still have more room for people if anyone is still looking to join!

• suzanner81394suzanner81394 Core Member
    8 karma

Hi everyone! Could I join tomorrow? I’m taking the test next month

This discussion has been closed.