Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First PT Same as Diagnostic. Has Anyone Found the Same?

Controller779Controller779 Alum Member
in General 221 karma
Got a 148 diagnostic in January and have worked solidly since. Just took my first PT and also got 148.

Feeling deflated :(

Comments

• DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    How was your BR?
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    It happens, though you may have improved your skills, you haven't improved on your actually test taking abilities under pressure. If your BR was decent (at least 10 points higher), I'd say go ahead and take 2-3 more PTs and if you still aren't improving then you need to review some basics and delve into your issues in the analytics.
  • littlesnickerslittlesnickers Member Inactive Sage
    271 karma
    My first PT was only 3 points over my diagnostic, and that was after two months of studying. I felt deflated too. My second PT was 5 points higher and then after a few more PTs I hit a comfortable range. Taking a full PT is a lot different from doing timed sections, and I think it just takes a while to implement everything you've learned at the same time. You're working hard, so things will come together, so don't worry!
  • jyang72jyang72 Alum Member
    844 karma
    @jamesjentucker Do not worry too much man. My first PT was a cold 149 and I only improved 4 points from my diagnostic. After 15ish prep tests, I got 160( Of course, I need to keep on working hard) You might struggle with timing issue and switching questions types during PTs. Take 4 or 5 more prep test and see if the results are the same.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    Try taking a couple more PTs. At least with your first PT you know that you have plenty of room for improvement now until the end of your test prep :)
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @jamesjentucker said:
    Got a 148 diagnostic in January and have worked solidly since. Just took my first PT and also got 148.
    Like I just said in another thread—this is to be expected since you get better at PT's primarily by taking PT's. It's sort of like ... you've read a book on cycling, got all your gear, ready to go ... You get on the bike and fall off. Whoops! But that's to be expected because while you might know all about cycling, you don't yet have the muscle memory.

PT's are a lot about muscle memory. You just gotta build your chops by taking a lot of them.