Long waiting time to hear from admissions - share your stories - is it really that bad of a cycle?

Any thoughts? I applied in September, schools median, GPA above median. They started reviewing my application 11/04/21, official review time for the school is between 8 and 12 weeks. I am super concerned because I have a feeling that no response for that long means I am essentially being waitlisted. This is very disappointing considering median's match and GPA being above, plus a pretty impressive resume. Share your stories, thoughts, ideas...

Comments

• qs2159qs2159 Member
    342 karma

It seems we have a very slow cycle based on Spivey (and my personal feeling)! I submitted everything at the end of Nov and there has been not too much movement so far .. I was thinking about setting up a post-application group to get connected! Will anyone be interested?

• a1ex_682a1ex_682 Alum Member
    307 karma

Agreed!

• AryanSingh-1AryanSingh-1 Member
    edited February 2022 342 karma

Here is what i believe going on. I spoke with some admission committees. LSAT had inflation like our food/grocery during COVID. However, now its deflation time, Schools want to shine so they want their sparkling high LSAT number. They are waiting for people taking LSAT while holding up application/wait listing because they know they can always get the average person.

I was accepted 5 weeks post application bc of December holidays.
    Also call up the school maybe there is a reason.
    I called one school and was informed application was incomplete and their email had gone to my spam. Does not hurt to call them :)

It is slow cycle intentionally and purposely heh LR still got to practice

• qs2159qs2159 Member
    342 karma

Definitely didn't see this looonnnnggg waiting back when I applied! Would anyone recommend retaking and aiming for a higher LSAT score now, since we are waiting for decisions anyway?

• AryanSingh-1AryanSingh-1 Member
    edited February 2022 342 karma

i am taking it