Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Omg 165

Dr. YamataDr. Yamata Member Inactive ⭐
in General 578 karma
Can't believe it. I'm literally in shock rn. I totally thought I bombed the June test but just got my score back and it was 165! I will be retaking in Oct after a brief LSAT break here, but I just wanted to share that because I was almost positive I did terribly and was ready to cancel.

Comments

• nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    YES! YES! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
  • littlesnickerslittlesnickers Member Inactive Sage
    271 karma
    I'm happy for you! Hope the good vibes carry you through October!
  • NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    1654 karma
    @"Dr. Yamata"
    Congratulations! If you don't mind my asking, what was the raw score for 165 on this exam?
  • mikeysaikaleymikeysaikaley Alum Member
    edited July 2015 116 karma
    Wow congratulations @"Dr. Yamata" ! How long did you study to get a score like that?
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    edited July 2015 12637 karma
    Good job!!
    ( @"Dr. Yamata" : Off-topic, but check your registered 7Sage email, too. )
  • Dr. YamataDr. Yamata Member Inactive ⭐
    578 karma
    I studied about 2 months all together.

The conversion table is such:

100 questions total, 10 wrong was 170, 17 wrong was 165.

My section by section was:

LR1 -5
    LR2 -4
    RC -5
    AR -3

Which is absolutely ridiculous because I could have sworn I knocked LR out of the park, and screwed up AR. This is just further evidence to suggest that cancelling based on a "feeling" is really hit or miss.
    edited July 2015 578 karma
    Hey this is pretty cool.. you can see the entire test in PDF format.. I am gonna punch this magazine game in its face. I can't believe that even though I could have sworn I got zero, I only got one wrong on it! WTFFFFFFFF
  • 7sagelsatstudent1807sagelsatstudent180 Alum Member
    932 karma
    Great job!
  • kevinmdunsheekevinmdunshee Alum Member
    69 karma
    166 for me man, also retaking, but not too shabby. Congrats.
  • notwilliamwallacenotwilliamwallace Alum Member
    1049 karma
    Congrats @"Dr. Yamata" and @kevinmdunshee ... well done guys!!!
  • kevinmdunsheekevinmdunshee Alum Member
    69 karma
    9 wrong on LG, got the entire last game wrong lol. Such a bummer.
  • Brenda Del CarmenBrenda Del Carmen Alum Member
    6 karma
    congrats! What are you trying to score on the next test?
    578 karma
    @kevinmdunshee congrats on the score, that's really amazing. I re-did the games tonight and I still think that they are definitely hard as hell. No shame there. You must have whupped the other sections to come out with what you did. I think I did as well as I did on that section by sheer luck. For instance, I got the substitution equivalence question right. Hands-down 100% guess. I did not even try to do that one on test day.

The rest was POE basically.. I knew I could knock out like 3 answer choices on most of them, then put down an answer as a wild guess, and also some shotgun bubbling.
  • JuliaZLSATJuliaZLSAT Member
    77 karma
    Congrats!!
  • Aiesha G.Aiesha G. Alum Member
    199 karma
    Congrats! It was well deserved. =) told u not to count yourself out man. It ain't over til it's over! Lol.
  • joannewujoannewu Member
    53 karma
    Congrats @"Dr. Yamata"! That's awesome! What was your diagnostic score if you don't mind me asking??
  • hrjones44hrjones44 Alum Member
    323 karma
    i could be scoring around there if i could just get my logic games tight...congrats on the great scores y'all!
  • fifthendingfifthending Alum Member
    154 karma
    Congrats @"Dr. Yamata" !! I guess we're not always the best at predicting what score we got based on how we felt the exam went - I felt the same way and got a pretty decent score. Quick question - how do you find out your section by section scores? Is it on the lsac website somewhere?
  • hrjones44hrjones44 Alum Member
    323 karma
    @fifthending you have to basically compare your item response report to your answer sheet, both are available. i scored my sections last night, i just printed out my bubble sheet and compared it to the IRR and graded it like any other!
    578 karma
    ^ what that guy said.

My diagnostic? IDK.. I didn't really approach this in a formulaic manner. I just bought the PTs and dove in. I never even took a class. I couldn't, with my work and school schedule. Self prep does work.. at the end of the day, the LSAT is a pencil and paper test that you will take by yourself. You will be there at that desk alone with only your abilities. If a course helps you stay on track, or motivates you, or something like that, then perhaps that's what you need. At the end of the day, all any course will do is lead you to discovering your own ability to defeat the test. You can get to that destination other ways.