Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Large variation in PT scores

lily2644lily2644 Member
in General 16 karma

Hi!
So, last week I took a practice test and scored a 171, which I was pretty surprised about. I've taken about 4-5 PTs in all and expected to be around the mid 160s given my previous scores.
Today, I took another test and got a 165.
Long story short, is it normal to have this type of fluctuation, or was the 171 a fluke? Do you all experience that type of change in score as well?

I felt equally confident during both, and I'm feeling discouraged now that my score didn't increase as much as I thought it had :(

Comments

• vspicy23vspicy23 Member
    190 karma

This is SO common. I think it depends on the tests you've been taking cos I know certain tests people tend to score a lot higher than usual

• 284 karma

5-6 point fluctuations is what I experienced as well. The key is to keep working to get the fluctuations lower and lower, hence more consistent! Don’t get discouraged, you are scoring top 5%! > @lilianayearns said:

Hi!
    So, last week I took a practice test and scored a 171, which I was pretty surprised about. I've taken about 4-5 PTs in all and expected to be around the mid 160s given my previous scores.
    Today, I took another test and got a 165.
    Long story short, is it normal to have this type of fluctuation, or was the 171 a fluke? Do you all experience that type of change in score as well?

I felt equally confident during both, and I'm feeling discouraged now that my score didn't increase as much as I thought it had :(