Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

142 -> 161 😭

emmorensemmorens Core Member
edited February 2022 in General 1470 karma

Dear LSAC thanks for letting me kick your ass this January!!! 161 and couldn't be prouder!!

A 161 may seem like a mediocre score to many, but my goal was always a 160; and I managed to surpass it on test day. This was my fifth attempt at the LSAT and it really became a psychological battle for me.

My first score in 2019 was a 149; Jan 2020 cancelled; Feb 2020 151; Jan 2021 150.

To say that I was devastated in Jan 2021, when I scored a point lower than what I had scored a year prior, would be a hasty understatement. At that point I really did not believe I could do it. To have to get back on the horse, and start studying for something that felt hugely out of reach was really difficult. I didn't know what to tell my friends, family, and I felt like all my aspirations were about to go down the drain.

My only regret is not meeting my tutor @"Chris Nguyen" sooner. I wasn’t sold on spending money on private tutoring; but Chris knows how to identify the way his students learn best, and matches that in every session. Sounds cheesy - bur Chris truly taught me how to believe in myself again, he changed this whole exam for me and I genuinely looked forward to our sessions. I was so anxious through this whole process and booked extra sessions with Chris just so I could feel empowered and capable. He is more than a tutor, but a mentor, a coach, and a trusted friend. He could (quite literally) read my body language, and if he thought I was anxious or worried he would ask me what’s up and we'd chat about whatever was on my mind to try to get to the root of the issue. He is the hardest worker I've ever met and is always looking for ways to better himself for his students.

To anyone looking for tutoring - Chris is your guy! I would especially recommend him if you are a nervous test taker like myself.

I'm hopeful that this score will be able to get me into an Ontario law school - either way though, a huge accomplishment for me.

Comments

• a_pmorenoca_pmorenoc Member
    633 karma

Congratulations, best of luck this round! :) perhaps we'll be classmates in the near future

• emmorensemmorens Core Member
    1470 karma

@a_pmorenoc Osgoode is my DREAM school and I saw you were accepted (huge congrats!) so perhaps! :)

Also is your last name Moreno? Because mine is too hahaha! Couldn't help but notice the username.

• a_pmorenoca_pmorenoc Member
    633 karma

@emmorens said:
    @a_pmorenoc Osgoode is my DREAM school and I saw you were accepted (huge congrats!) so perhaps! :)

Also is your last name Moreno? Because mine is too hahaha! Couldn't help but notice the username.

Thank you! :) I believe in you to get in! I'm sure you saw my subpar gpa haha so nothings impossible especially with your Jan LSAT score.

LOL omg yes it is, what a coincidence! Send me a PM if you wanna keep in touch haha, would be nice to know more people wanting to go to Osgoode/school in Ontario

• Chris NguyenChris Nguyen Alum Member Administrator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    4572 karma

AHHH!!! Congratulations on an amazing score!!!!! I'm so proud of you!

You're going to make an amazing lawyer!

• KariOmooKariOmoo Member
    70 karma

Woohoo!! What a badass!! Have fun celebrating!

• 66_Umair_5566_Umair_55 Member
    73 karma

Congratualtions! that's definetly a great achievement.

• tams2018tams2018 Member
    727 karma

What an achievement! Congratulations :)

• Dzzy12328Dzzy12328 Core Member
    56 karma

I also got into Osgoode.

• caroline93caroline93 Live Member
    39 karma

a 160 is not a mediocre score at all!! Super congratulations! That is amazing and you should be super proud of yourself! :smile:

1470 karma

@cgran93 thanks so much :)

1470 karma

@tams2018 thank you so much!!

1470 karma

@Dzzy12328 what was your LSAT score if you don't mind me asking?

1470 karma

@"Chris Nguyen" truly could not have done it without you and I will forever be grateful to my #1 supporter!

• 2567ZRdt2567ZRdt Alum Member
    82 karma

Thank you for sharing it. This makes "seeing the light at the end of the tunnel" possible for many of us. Good luck!

1470 karma

@2567ZRdt it's all about finding what keeps you going each day! I had many down days, but I always had my eye on the prize. If I can do it - I truly believe anyone can. Best of luck to you!

• sweat49sweat49 Core Member
    45 karma

Congratulations to you! You have definitely inspired me and have gotten me out of my slump today. I took the LSAT for the first time right after completing a BA in 2017 and scored a 136. After accepting my failure to get into law school as the biggest failure of my life at that time, I took some time away and went with my plan B, completing an MA in 2014 but couldn't curb my desire to pursue law school. I took the LSAT for a second time in 2019 and scored a 143, self-studying using literature I ordered online. Here I am in 2022 trying to take another stab at it, studying with this program this go round. Thank you for sharing your tips. I pray that you are accepted wherever your heart desires. I am a married, mother of 3, have recently published my first children's book and am determined to see this dream come to pass.