174 on a January LSAT after 138 on a previous one(Candidate cancel) / My Journey from 138-174!!

I want to express a deep sense of thanks to 7Sage for helping me get to a 174! I took the LSAT twice, the first time I received a 138, and right after that I found 7Sage! I am deeply indebted to everyone here, including my fellow 7Sagers who would comment and share their ideas via posts that helped me immensely.

I have learnt a lot and the Core Curriculum is so well designed!

Thank you everyone! And good luck on your LSAT journey.

Comments

• claremontclaremont Core Member
    590 karma

congratulations!

• dumbledorfdumbledorf Yearly Member
    29 karma

That is awesome congratulations! I also just took my first LSAT in January and scored a 144...I have been thinking about cancelling. You obviously made that choice and it seems like a good one!

How long did you use 7sage after your 138?
    And again congratulations! You deserve it!

• vspicy23vspicy23 Member
    190 karma

how did you practice and improve on Reading Comp? all the tips and tricks you can give 🙏🏽

• vad963vad963 Core Member
    6 karma

Congrats on your score! That is an absolute phenomenal jump! Care to share any tips for us upcoming test takers? :)

• RaceTo180RaceTo180 Member
    edited February 2022 130 karma

For me it all started after the Core Curriculum. It took me about 7-8 weeks to go through CC, and then I took like 5 PTs to find what I am doing. I didn't do anything for RC on CC initially, just LR and LG.

After the 5th PT, my LG was basically -0 and LR was ranging from -3 to -12, and then I worked on what type of questions in LR I got wrong.

For RC, it was very important for me to bring some sense of real world experience into it. Like initially I was going through passages and I would just read them to make sure I answer the question, but once I started to read them to actually comprehend, the answers became easy. RC is just long LR.

Also for RC, I usually know the first passage is about intro and the later passages are mostly about questioning the first paragraph or sometimes supporting it. Idk if I am making sense here, but you gotta work and go through the PTs, and discover patterns.

In all, it took me about 4 months to go from 130s to 174. Good luck, the test is totally open for us to dominate it, don't dither and be a good master to control it. LSAT is a good sub.

And tbh trusting the process was very important. Even during my January test, there were tech issues, the proctor was such a nuisance but I made sure that didn't affect my process.

I also meditate! I practice Sudarshan Kriya (a type of meditation) by the Art of Living Foundation, you can find it online how to do it for free.

In other words, LG will click possibly after repeating them. I did LG games for fun between breaks at work ( I work full time, and my spouse was in an accident and now uses a wheelchair and requires help full time, so I also have family obligations and time commitments).

For LR, finding what's your achilles heal is important. For me parallel flaw questions were the worst. It took me a while to get use to them.

For RC, it is very important to read between the lines and keep an open mind.

I am just glad I found 7Sage. Practicing on the same computer where I took the test gave me a sense of comfort. 7Sage is way better than any book you can purchase because it makes total sense to learn about the test on the same laptop you will possibly take your actual test.

If you guys have any other question, lmk I will be happy to give back.

• QwertyqutieQwertyqutie Member
    13 karma

Awesome! Thanks for this. Restarting my journey for June.

• Chris CoakerChris Coaker Live Member
    3 karma

Congrats!

• sweat49sweat49 Core Member
    45 karma

Congratulations to you! You have definitely inspired me and have gotten me out of my slump today. I took the LSAT for the first time right after completing a BA in 2017 and scored a 136. After accepting my failure to get into law school as the biggest failure of my life at that time, I took some time away and went with my plan B, completing an MA in 2014 but couldn't curb my desire to pursue law school. I took the LSAT for a second time in 2019 and scored a 143, self-studying using literature I ordered online. Here I am in 2022 trying to take another stab at it, studying with this program this go round. Thank you for sharing your tips. I pray that you are accepted wherever your heart desires. I am a married, mother of 3, have recently published my first children's book and am determined to see this dream come to pass.

• LegallyLSATLegallyLSAT Live Member
    161 karma

Congratulations to you and thank you for thoroughly explaining what you did.

130 karma

Glad I could help. A lot of you have reached out to me directly, I am more than happy to answer any question, if you are not comfortable sharing it publicly.

Remember, LSAT is a test, waiting for us to dominate it. It’s learnable and patterns are clear.

• GreaterPurposeGreaterPurpose Live Member
    34 karma

Thank you for this comment. I thought I was never going to be able to get my score up because of the random comments I was reading online. I scored a 150 on my first try so I'm going to give my all to get to a 170. Congrats.

• silobot1123silobot1123 Member
    35 karma

Congrats! very inspiring! Also good to know that you work and also have a family and just aren't studying all day everyday for that score. Makes it seem more attainable. How many hours per week do you reckon you averaged? FT STAH mom here and I can only study really early mornings, nap time and late nights.

• KariOmooKariOmoo Member
    70 karma

Amazing improvement!! I hope I can join you soon :)

130 karma

Thank you everyone for your warm words of welcome.

Yes, I work full time with hours ranging from 40-60 hours/week. And my spouse, who is now paralyzed, requires therapy for which I spend additional 5-8 hours/week to take them to the hospital and other complications.

In other words, I thought about LSAT all the time, and whenever I found time I would either practice a game or look at previous answers I got wrong (I have a word/excel document with all my answers that I got wrong, and I would go through them whenever I found time).

The test is totally doable and I was able to do it in 4 months! Finding patterns is very important and keeping an open mind, calm mind, will help you reach your goal.

For those saying I am smart, trust me I am not. I never excelled in school (uGPA:3.7) and I make silly mistakes all the time.

• folbucks coffeefolbucks coffee Core Member
    60 karma

This story is so inspiring to people including me. You did a great achievement. Can I ask how many hours per day did you invest on average?

• LegallyLSATLegallyLSAT Live Member
    161 karma

It is literally so commendable that you had so much going on and still scored high. That’s what I always tell myself. If others can do it, so can I. If you want it, you’ll go get it!

• Paula --Student Service--Paula --Student Service-- Member Administrator Student Services
    848 karma

You're an inspiration! Congratulations on your score! We are so happy to be a part of your LSAT journey!