Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Normal to go up and down?

I feel like I'm improving overall, but I get defeated after only getting 2 out of 5 on a problem set after get 5 of 6. Then I'll get 8 out of 8, and I'm not sure how to feel. For context, I've been studying since December.

Wondering if this is normal as I continue learning or if my progress should be more linear.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• JuneC375JuneC375 Core Member
    14 karma

Yes!! If you're following the core curriculum, problem sets get harder as well so it makes sense that you might not do as well when you're learning how to do these problems. I'd make sure to note what types of questions you're getting wrong. Don't get defeated, you've only been studying since December :) (as have I!)

• daniel616daniel616 Member
    32 karma

I am also going through the core curriculum and have experienced the same thing as you. It definitely gets harder to get the questions right as you get further into the problem sets!

I actually have a question too. It usually takes me 2-3 full days to get through the problem sets for each lesson due to blind review and watching all of JY's explanation videos. Does it take you this long as well? And do you watch the explanation videos for every question or only those that you got wrong?

Thanks!

• KariOmooKariOmoo Member
    70 karma

Totally normal! As you start doing longer pts you’ll get data sets that will more accurately highlight areas to improve.