Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long did it take you to master logic games?

dantab26dantab26 Alum Member
in General 60 karma
How long did it take you to get into -0-3 range? Been working on logic games for a few weeks now and almost finished the core curriculum of logic games (haven't gotten to logic bundle yet, only problem sets), and still feel I cant accurately complete any new type of game that comes my way. How long did it take you guys?

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    It took me about a third of the bundle I would say to get to where I was -0 to -3 consistently and then felt comfortable enough to move on to PTs. I've gone -0 to -3 in LG on every PT with a trend towards -0 to -1 so I haven't felt the need to go back for intensive drilling, though I still like to hit up the bundle for a game or two to keep my skills sharp and to warm up before a PT. And adding in some Trainer techniques has also tightened up my game even more.

If you haven't come across it before, this goes into my strategy a bit more in detail:
    http://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2737/logic-games-attack-strategy
  • johnjee37johnjee37 Free Trial Member
    8 karma
    I would probably say after having gone through most of the logic games from PT 1-62 I started to develop an intuitive sense. Early on, i would literally plug in possibilities but after the PT's, I make most of my inferences beforehand and usually score -0/1 on every test.
    Take your time early on and make sure you link rules and draw inferences rather than worrying about the few seconds you might lose in doing so. It will pay off big time if done correctly
  • Quick SilverQuick Silver Alum Inactive Sage
    1049 karma
    One of the things that really helped was that after I did prep work ie 7sage course and a bunch of practice games, then I got a list of 10 hardest games and practiced and reviewed those over and over.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @"Quick Silver" said:
    I got a list of 10 hardest games and practiced and reviewed those over and over.
    This is a great idea. Also, it goes without saying—any games on which you miss a question should be repeated (see also: fool proof method). And do be sure to master the odd game types: circles, maps, and patterns, oh my!

Another thing you can do is export the LSAT analytics from 7sage and do some Excel wizardry. I might do this for myself and share the doc as an example of how to manipulate/use the data.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    Perfection takes time. Before you know it you'll learn to love LG!
  • Dr. YamataDr. Yamata Member Inactive ⭐
    edited July 2015 578 karma
    I love the games. It's the closest thing to "fun" you're gonna get on the LSAT. I really wish I got both AR sections on test day but noooo I had to trudge thru 3 LR sections.

I enjoyed approaching it by game type. I started with the freebies like the simple sequencing and built up to stacking/grouping/mapping/hybrid/matching games. Powerscore advocates this approach and you can also do it here or in several books that are available that organize sections by question type. There is a list somewhere around here of games by type.. Seeing them grouped in this manner I believe helps crystallize the similarities and begin paving the neural highways of memory.
  • dantab26dantab26 Alum Member
    60 karma
    Thanks everyone! Hoping to get through a chunk of the bundle soon and get even more proficient.
  • visualcreedvisualcreed Member Inactive ⭐
    326 karma
    For me, it was taking the last few PT's before test day. The big thing that clicked was staying calm. I got - 0 on the June games with 5 minutes to spare. The big thing was I could breeze through the regular games and when there was a game that was a little weird I could switch back to just working through it and not freeze up.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @"Quick Silver" said:
    One of the things that really helped was that after I did prep work ie 7sage course and a bunch of practice games, then I got a list of 10 hardest games and practiced and reviewed those over and over.
    I just saw that you officially have "Sage" status and I teared up a lil' bit ... just saying ... inspirational feels ...