Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is only doing 7Sage Core Curriculum enough before tackling the PTs?

Webby_SongdoWebby_Songdo Alum Member
in General 677 karma

Is only doing 7Sage Core Curriculum enough before tackling the PTs? I am currently reading Loophole and I find it extremely helpful. I plan to read Trainer and PowerScore too before I tackle the PTs. What do you all think?

Comments

• ariramirezariramirez Alum Member
    9 karma

I think its important to supplement 7sage with other books. I'm currently doing all 3 powerscore bibles and I'm doing drills on Khan Academy (since its free, so why not). With the extra materials, I'm absorbing as many tips as possible and I think its really helping me! So I definitely think its beneficial to do more than just 7sage before taking PTs

• Steven_B-1Steven_B-1 Member
    794 karma

I agree with Ari ^, I'm supplementing 7Sage with the 3 powerscore bibles and the Loophole and i've seen a lot of improvement. I just finished the CC apart from certain question sets that i left behind, and am starting to PT as well. (Still going through the bibles and loophole as well).

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma

I think supplementing LR can make sense because everything is fundamentally the same. 7Sage covers everything really well, but other resources can add some value through offering things up a little differently. I really like how the Trainer is organized, and Loophole has some good exercises.

For LG, I think I’d stick to just 7Sage. Powerscore’s methodology, for example, just isn’t compatible. It can’t add to 7Sage because it’s a fundamentally different approach. You should just pick one, and that one should be 7Sage. It’s still unrivaled on LG as far as I’m concerned.

For reading comprehension, you can shop around some, but it’s an awkward section where less is usually best. Approach all of the RC resources as exercises that can help you develop critical skills, just remember that exercises don’t always make for good strategy. Powerscore’s reading for structure thing is a decent little exercise to work on certain things. But it’s kinda a terrible strategy because structure isn’t really very important. So just make sure with RC resources to move on once they’ve served their purpose.

• Webby_SongdoWebby_Songdo Alum Member
    677 karma

@"Cant Get Right" said:
    I think supplementing LR can make sense because everything is fundamentally the same. 7Sage covers everything really well, but other resources can add some value through offering things up a little differently. I really like how the Trainer is organized, and Loophole has some good exercises.

For LG, I think I’d stick to just 7Sage. Powerscore’s methodology, for example, just isn’t compatible. It can’t add to 7Sage because it’s a fundamentally different approach. You should just pick one, and that one should be 7Sage. It’s still unrivaled on LG as far as I’m concerned.

For reading comprehension, you can shop around some, but it’s an awkward section where less is usually best. Approach all of the RC resources as exercises that can help you develop critical skills, just remember that exercises don’t always make for good strategy. Powerscore’s reading for structure thing is a decent little exercise to work on certain things. But it’s kinda a terrible strategy because structure isn’t really very important. So just make sure with RC resources to move on once they’ve served their purpose.

Awesome thank you

677 karma

@Steven_B said:
    I agree with Ari ^, I'm supplementing 7Sage with the 3 powerscore bibles and the Loophole and i've seen a lot of improvement. I just finished the CC apart from certain question sets that i left behind, and am starting to PT as well. (Still going through the bibles and loophole as well).

Right thank you

677 karma

@Steven_B said:

Right thank you