LG Foolproofing - Is it better to Foolproof the Core curriculum LG or the Newer LG?

underdawgggunderdawggg Core Member
in Logic Games 64 karma

Hey everyone just wondering what your thoughts are on this. Should I start with the early games or is it more beneficial to focus on FP the newer games and then move to the older ones? Hoping to write in June!

Comments

• kediaeholly101kediaeholly101 Core Member
    13 karma

I also would love to know this!

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma

Old ones! Don’t go anywhere near newer games until you’ve cut your teeth on the old ones first. You’re learning and you don’t want to trash high value, recent games on making all the stupid mistakes you need to make while learning the basics.

• Arete_SouthbayArete_Southbay Core Member
    324 karma

@"Cant Get Right" thank you for sharing your wisdom a follow up question. Am currently studying for June and have only foolproofed CC, should I still go back and start from where the CC left off or focus on foolproofing the most recent ones?

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma

@Arete_Southbay said:
    @"Cant Get Right" thank you for sharing your wisdom a follow up question. Am currently studying for June and have only foolproofed CC, should I still go back and start from where the CC left off or focus on foolproofing the most recent ones?

I don’t think the logic changes a whole lot. Starting out at LG, you’re going to really suck at it. That’s just as true whether you’re testing in a year or in a week. And there’s just not a whole lot of reason to suck on the highest-value, most recent sections. Those need to be preserved 1) for whole PT’s rather than cannibalized for drills, and 2) for when you’re at a level of ability that you can test with some expectation of performing at a level consistent with your target score.

If you’re prioritizing your test date over your target score, that’s 100% okay. A lot of pros I know struggle to wrap their heads around that, but different people have different priorities for their own reasons. That’s perfectly fine. The problem comes when students think they can have it both ways. They can’t. You have to pick one and only one to prioritize: your test date or your target score. If your real priority turns out to be your score, then the question is moot. You adopt the best study strategies and if you’re not ready by June you keep going. If your test date really is your priority, you are going to have to accelerate some things. But don’t skip the earlier materials entirely, and don’t cannibalize the most recent tests for drills. You’ll just have to move on from exercises as your timeline dictates rather than as you master the material.

• Arete_SouthbayArete_Southbay Core Member
    324 karma

Thank you for taking the time to clear up my confusion,I have about 3 months to fully- focus LG - which I have neglected.I will apply your wisdom in the next few weeks and see if I have improved or not. I think my two options are if am making good progress I will stick with June, and if not then I will consider a 7sage tutor or push the test date back. I completely understand that test dates are arbitrary but am the type of person who works best with a clear deadline.But at the end of the day if I don't feel ready I can wait.