Resigning from Job to Study for Lsat - June 2022

in General 14 karma

Hi y'all. Putting this out here because some LSAT studiers are in similar positions or is thinking about it. Also as a headline this post is not about SUITABILITY regarding such decision. In addition I have been studying for two months planning on taking the June 2022 LSAT. I am going to be resigning from my hectic ape show of a career in Financial Investments Brokerage Services to study for the LSAT full time. Gives me about 1.85 months of full time studying. It means moving back home at almost 30 but my parents are stoked. Thank goodness, soon no more margin accounts and Stock Plan administration lol.

I have multiple Financial Investments Brokerage services licenses including the infamous S7 and an active CA Realtor's license. I am used to the time management and test taking skills needed for license like tests. However with the LSAT and even familiarity with the content I find it difficult to really put the dedication needed. It is more difficult than the S7, I can go ad-nauseum. I definitely have more privileges' than others but no means is this something of low-risk nor my parents wealthy or upper middle class like many of you. I learned in Financial Investments sometimes you need to take a loss now for a better long term investment.

Like mentioned this is not saying you should quit/sabbatical. I hope folks feel some type of catharsis from me sharing this. See you in Law School :D!

Comments

• BenjaminSakaBenjaminSaka Member
    214 karma

Murder the exam for us

• lekfant1lekfant1 Member
    66 karma

I did this, I wished I had done it sooner, I wouldn't have to be taking an extra year right now to really get my goal score

• HopefullyHLSHopefullyHLS Member
    445 karma

I did the same thing, except though that I accepted an offer from another employer and postponed my start by 5 months to dedicate to LSAT and MBA application essays.