Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sheer disappointment

iasdkadfg-1iasdkadfg-1 Member
edited March 2022 in General 121 karma

After a whole year of studying I've ended up with a disappointing score of 166 and zero admits, plus another year on a job I hate :/

Comments

• Lawyer_LoadingLawyer_Loading Live Member
    153 karma

Do not give up. I think you should expand your school search and also, I learned to always apply early. If you are comfortable moving to another state, you should check their websites also check the I-509 of some of these law schools. I know in a lot of them your 166 score is above their 75th percentile. Check this website https://officialguide.lsac.org/Release/UGPALSAT/UGPALSAT.aspx to see which schools your GPA and LSAT score will get you in.

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

Hey, I totally understand what you're going through. The same thing happened to me a few years ago. I know it sucks. To the extent that you can, keep your head down and keep fighting. Think about how far you've come, and how close you are to achieving your goals. You got this! I believe in you!

• HopefullyHLSHopefullyHLS Member
    edited March 2022 445 karma

Same here: took 5 months off to devote to full-time LSAT studying, PT'ed 173 on average and ended up with a 165 in October. Studied part-time until January, improved my PT scores and time management, even got a 180 in my third-last PT ... and a disappointing 168 came out.

I keep refining my methods and studying for June LSAT, if I fail there is another shot I have in October.

Really tough phase on my end as well and quite a lot of emotions to process, but I won't be still until I get into f****** Harvard Law.

A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!