Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚖ Official March 2022 LSAT Discussion Thread ⚖

Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
edited March 2022 in March 2022 LSAT 5740 karma

Hey 7Sagers,

Here's the official March 2022 LSAT Discussion Thread.

REMINDER: Under your Candidate Agreement, you may not discuss the details of any specific LSAT questions at any time. For the March LSAT, general discussion of what sections you had, or how difficult you found a given section, or speculation about which sections were scored or unscored, is prohibited until after 9pm ET, Tuesday, March 15th.

Posts that violate these rules will be taken down and may result in disciplinary action from LSAC. Let’s work together to ensure the test is fair to everyone, and not share information before everyone has taken the test.

Some examples of typical comments:

The following comments are okay 🙆‍♀️
- the section on Cambodian woodworking really had me second guessing everything.
- a few of the games had me confused but think I was okay.
- overall fair test, struggled on a couple of RC passages (damn you polymorphic molecules) but think I was okay hoping for a -2 or -3

The following comments are over the line 🙅‍♂️
- the passage on Cambodian woodworking didn’t count.
- I had Cambodian woodworking, Fireflies, and rice farming in Iowa so Lithuanian Lithograph Libraries was experimental.
- fair test but struggled on a couple RC passages (polymorphic molecules anyone? Thankfully it didn’t count). Don’t want to take again in March
- Anyone know if Polygamist Societies in the 1880s was real or experimental?
- Please tell me that polygon dice game didn’t count

Good luck to everyone taking the March LSAT!

Please keep all discussions of the March 2022 LSAT here!

Comments

• buffysniderbuffysnider Core Member
    100 karma

Didn't feel like the worst test I've ever taken! RC-LG-LR-RC.

• vspicy23vspicy23 Member
    edited March 2022 190 karma

@buffysnider how was the Games section? were they your typical games?

• jameoooojameoooo Core Member
    6 karma

My proctor took over my mouse with roughly 45 seconds left on my LG section to click on the the chat box. I fought them doing this because I was scrambling to finish my last 3 questions until they eventually opened it. By the time I read the message and swapped back I was out of time and couldn't at least get a few shots-in the-dark-down. Kind of threw me off for the rest of the test, too. I don't feel too good about it.

Basically, I was reading the questions to myself out loud because I retain information better this way and the proctor was trying to tell me to stop talking. I didn't see this behavior explicitly prohibited in the candidate agreement. Everything in there is regarding discussion or disclosure of test information. My interpretation of "discussion" or "disclosure" would lead me to believe that there would have to be another party involved or that I was somehow showing others the test's contents. Given the nature of the at-home format, the fact that my dog was the only other creature around and my proctor knew my phone was away and what programs I had open, it would seem to be a sort of gray area.

Posting this to see if anyone thinks I should file a complaint. I've been tossing around potentially doing it, but can't tell if I'm being over-emotional or I have a legitimate gripe here.

I should also say that I understand that per the candidate agreement I am to follow proctor instructions. I definitely did and refrained from speaking aloud for the rest my test. Also, the proctor in question was different from the person I had originally started the test with. They also disconnected after my logic games section so I did not have an opportunity to ask them why they chose to go about telling me in that manner. Especially given the consideration that I had been reading to myself verbally for the entire section up until that point.

Sorry for the wall of text, but I thought comprehensive context would be important. I appreciate your replies!

100 karma

I have heard multiple places that you cannot talk out loud.

100 karma

@vspicy23 said:
    @buffysnider how was the Games section? were they your typical games?

For the most part. I didn't think anything was crazy unusual.

• PlayaPlaya1PlayaPlaya1 Core Member
    42 karma

Just finished the exam, and it wasn't as nerve wrecking as I thought it would be.

I was thrown off that there were two RC sections, which wasn't bad, but I was mentally prepared for two LR sections.

The section of RC was tougher for me than the first sections (definetely required more focus).

The LR section wasn't too bad, but I could've done better.

Overrall, for my first test it went well and I know what to expect on the next one.

• GilgameshGilgamesh Member
    52 karma

Just finished the exam on Saturday. LR-RC-LG-RC. LR felt decent despite tech issues that cost me 5 minutes. I got wrecked by LG which I typically go -0/1 on. RC 1 felt better than RC 2, but both weren't too bad. My proctor never came back for checkout so I just ripped up my paper and left. Hope that won't be a problem.

• tapny1tapny1 Alum Member
    181 karma

I had a similar issue. I am considering complaining officially, but I'm afraid of how late they'll delay my score...

@jameoooo said:
    My proctor took over my mouse with roughly 45 seconds left on my LG section to click on the the chat box. I fought them doing this because I was scrambling to finish my last 3 questions until they eventually opened it. By the time I read the message and swapped back I was out of time and couldn't at least get a few shots-in the-dark-down. Kind of threw me off for the rest of the test, too. I don't feel too good about it.

Basically, I was reading the questions to myself out loud because I retain information better this way and the proctor was trying to tell me to stop talking. I didn't see this behavior explicitly prohibited in the candidate agreement. Everything in there is regarding discussion or disclosure of test information. My interpretation of "discussion" or "disclosure" would lead me to believe that there would have to be another party involved or that I was somehow showing others the test's contents. Given the nature of the at-home format, the fact that my dog was the only other creature around and my proctor knew my phone was away and what programs I had open, it would seem to be a sort of gray area.

Posting this to see if anyone thinks I should file a complaint. I've been tossing around potentially doing it, but can't tell if I'm being over-emotional or I have a legitimate gripe here.

I should also say that I understand that per the candidate agreement I am to follow proctor instructions. I definitely did and refrained from speaking aloud for the rest my test. Also, the proctor in question was different from the person I had originally started the test with. They also disconnected after my logic games section so I did not have an opportunity to ask them why they chose to go about telling me in that manner. Especially given the consideration that I had been reading to myself verbally for the entire section up until that point.

Sorry for the wall of text, but I thought comprehensive context would be important. I appreciate your replies!

• claremontclaremont Core Member
    590 karma

I couldn't get control of my nerves for the first section which resulted in some of the worst brain fog I've ever experienced. Very disappointed with myself. I was able to settle down and perform for the rest of the test. I hoped that my first section could potentially be experimental, but fourth section ruled that out. Best of luck everybody!

• kemoar24kemoar24 Core Member
    26 karma

did anyone else experience really bad proctor u issues? they kept disconnecting and connecting throughout my exam

• vspicy23vspicy23 Member
    190 karma

@Gilgamesh it was the other way around for me. RC 1 was way more difficult for me compared to RC 2. praying rc1 was experimental

• contactjseocontactjseo Member
    edited March 2022 10 karma

It’s like you took the words right out of my mouth, as this was my experience exactly. The initial check-in process (i.e. pleasant, but a faceless voice asking me to show him my personal surroundings) was felt pretty unreal and hard to shake off. It’s definitely not a type of experience one can prepare for mentally by watching a short YouTube clip, and I feel like first-time takers have a huge handicap. Also fumbled with my ear plugs, which had the effect of making me feel like I was underwater. But that’s my fault for not trying one on beforehand.

As opposed to running out of steam towards the end, I felt that my better sections were the latter ones. I too was dismayed the first section didn’t repeat again. :-/

@claremont said:
    I couldn't get control of my nerves for the first section which resulted in some of the worst brain fog I've ever experienced. Very disappointed with myself. I was able to settle down and perform for the rest of the test. I hoped that my first section could potentially be experimental, but fourth section ruled that out. Best of luck everybody!

• Ryan_P123Ryan_P123 Member
    edited March 2022 16 karma

@kemoar24 said:
    did anyone else experience really bad proctor u issues? they kept disconnecting and connecting throughout my exam

Yes mine disconnected and cost me time. Also the proctor cost me time because they kept interrupting me with the garbage chatbox popup. I said before we started to PAUSE the test timer if you need to interrupt. They didn't bother. They don't care if you lose several minutes or ruin your concentration during reading comp on an extremely time sensitive test. It has no effect on their life. They interrupted and cost me a last section question as well. I had to guess because they stole my time with the chatbox blocking my view. They were claiming I was moving partially out of view, which makes no sense since I was sitting in front of my laptop in the same place the entire time. I would rather just take this in person somewhere if ProctorU can interrrupt without fixing your time and cost you points. It's clearly an unfair administration when they interrupt without pausing or their system disconnects and you just lose that time and never get it back. Unfortuantely the only recourse is to complain and retake the next one which would cause missing deadlines and wasting another YEAR.

52 karma

@Ryan_P123 yeah I also wish an in-person test option was available...

• agmillan3-1agmillan3-1 Core Member
    10 karma

I will say that it wasn’t as bad as January but the logical games did throw me off a tad because they took a lot of time

• pegahnasrollpegahnasroll Member
    edited March 2022 117 karma

Am I the only one who found LG section hard? I normally miss -2 on my LG but I think I probably missed a lot more on this exam. I was hoping it was going to be an experimental section and the LG would repeat and I feel like this threw me off for the rest of the exam. Not sure if it was just my nerves or if the LG section was just difficult?

• airmambaairmamba Member
    75 karma

@pegahnasroll The third game took me longer to complete than I would have liked but I completed the section. Given that your games average is really good, I wouldn't sweat it too much. Plenty of times I felt that I bombed a section and came out with -2 or -3. Unless you had a rare game type on your section, you'll be fine.

52 karma

@pegahnasroll said:
    Am I the only one who found LG section hard? I normally miss -2 on my LG but I think I probably missed a lot more on this exam. I was hoping it was going to be an experimental section and the LG would repeat and I feel like this threw me off for the rest of the exam. Not sure if it was just my nerves or if the LG section was just difficult?

I agree that this LG was way harder than the norm although the game types were very typical. I think it came down to a lack of inferences that could be made upfront, which made the questions much more time consuming and some requiring brute forcing.

• jhipshirjhipshir Member
    38 karma

@Gilgamesh said:
    I agree that this LG was way harder than the norm although the game types were very typical. I think it came down to a lack of inferences that could be made upfront, which made the questions much more time consuming and some requiring brute forcing.

I felt the same way as far as the time consuming nature of the questions, but if you could keep your cool, it seemed like a normal, average difficulty set of problems to me. Now, one wrong rule notation, and the whole thing is destroyed. So I'm definitely hoping that I did my due diligence while notating.

• sdumlaosdumlao Member
    187 karma

Hi, @jameoooo and @tapny1,

@jameoooo said:

I didn't see this behavior explicitly prohibited in the candidate agreement. Everything in there is regarding discussion or disclosure of test information. My interpretation of "discussion" or "disclosure" would lead me to believe that there would have to be another party involved or that I was somehow showing others the test's contents.

@tapny1 said:
    I had a similar issue. I am considering complaining officially, but I'm afraid of how late they'll delay my score...

@buffysnider said:
    I have heard multiple places that you cannot talk out loud.

Sorry to hear about your experience, that sucks! I appreciate you sharing about it though.

Like @buffysnider , I had also heard from different sources about not being able to read/talk aloud and from some people not even being allowed to move your mouth or "mouthing the words" when you're reading.

I found this (reading/talking aloud prohibition) specifically mentioned on LSAC's Frequently Asked Questions, under "Taking the LSAT" and then, "What Behaviors are Prohibited?" it's the second bullet point of prohibited behaviors listed.

Here is the URL to LSAC's Frequently Asked Questions page: https://www.lsac.org/lsat/frequently-asked-questions-about-lsat

• you have to scroll a bit to "Taking the LSAT" section.

Hope that helps!

-S.

117 karma

@Gilgamesh It was all of the inferences in the game that threw me off. I would think I was doing a fairly decent job at making all my inferences and then I got to the third game and got a question and thought"well none of these answer choices go hand in hand with my game boards" and I started to panic when I realized that all the inferences I made were probably wrong in that game set. It caused me to panic and didn't even really get to make a real game board for the last game- which never happens. I always get finish my LG with more time. Im already planning to retake I just need to make sure im more prepared in case my LG goes the same route next time. Thanks for the insight!

117 karma

@airmamba thank you for the vote of confidence!! I personally didn't even get to make a real game board for the last game- and thats never happened to me, so im not feeling too great about the section. You're right though- until I get my score I never know how it went, so I'm just gonna wait and see how it went.

• xoticnadinexoticnadine Member
    20 karma

@pegahnasroll said:

Ugh SAME!!! Hated the LG last game found it so difficult and I usually score -1 in LG in general but I know this time I f***ed it so bad!!! And I ran out of time too! This is usually my best section so so bummed!