Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Not getting gains - 7Sage Forum

Not getting gains

jessicawnishjessicawnish Core Member
in General 6 karma

Hi yall,

I've been studying since September for the April LSAT and I feel really frustratred. I first made the mistake of studying a Kaplan book, but then switched over to Khan Academy and LSAT Trainer by Mike Kim. I got 7sage in December and have been studying in this space ever since. I have gone over the lessons, learned each stimilus type, drilled tons of games, done everything that I thought was right and I'm still not increasing my score AT ALL from November. It's embarrassing and frustrating. Does anyone have any tips on how I can really improve?

Comments

• Steven_B-1Steven_B-1 Member
    800 karma

Are you BR every question and really figuring out why each answer is wrong and why 1 answer is correct? I've seen most of my improvement from taking things nice and slow at the beginning and thinking through each question, irrespective of how "easy" it seemed. Even the easy questions have a lot of wisdom to impart.

Little by little I began noticing a lot of the tricks the LSAT uses and was able to eliminate incorrect answers much more quickly than at the beginning of my journey. But the key for me has been to spend a lot of time actively reviewing the questions and remembering the traps I've fallen for in the past. Now, i can sometimes even get questions right even when i dont fully understand the stimulus because i can discern between answer choices that are just not likely to be correct based on the language. For the easier questions (level 1-3) i can almost always predict the answer.