Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scoring anywhere between a 157 and 172?

bwilson5152bwilson5152 Core Member
in General 5 karma

Today, I took a 3 section prep test prep test and scored a 157. Then, I finished the final section on a prep test I've been dividing up and taking sections on different days (to simulate the four sections I'll have on test day). I scored a 172 on this test overall. All my other prep test scores have fallen anywhere within this 15 point range. I know a little variation is to be expected, but this seems extreme. Is anyone else experiencing this intense inconsistency? And does anyone have advice on how to combat it?

Comments

• KariOmooKariOmoo Member
    70 karma

Hi, I went through the same thing--first 6 mos or so of my studying, varied from about 159 - 169 w/ slow upward trend. It's ultimately hard to say with certainty, but here are some questions that might help.

1.) How early are you in your studies? I struggled with the content at first but some concepts I understood at a "gut level", so some PTs I just did better trusting my gut and others I struggled with because I didn't understand the concepts at a more technical level. As I practiced more with the CC concepts my scores became more stable.

2.) Do you think you have an anxiety issue? I ask because you got a 172 by taking sections on different days. I found I often scored higher when I did this as well since it helped with anxiety.

3.) Same as 2, do you have an endurance issue? Same reasoning as above, taking sections on different days is a lot less mentally taxing than doing it all at once.

Ultimately, I think some variance at the beginning of studying is normal. As you practice, learn the concepts better, and grow stronger mentally, you should start seeing more stability.