Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Passage A/B Strategy

Hi, all!

I just took PT 90 and watched the RC explanation video for the comparative passages. I noticed that JY read Passage A, attempted the questions, then went back to read Passage B and answer/confirm any remaining questions.

Is this a good strategy to adopt? Thanks!

Comments

• MattDegz14MattDegz14 Member
    129 karma

It's really up to you. I've never done it that way and have been fine on comparative passages. I usually am either perfect or miss 1 question on comparative passages. I would say try out his strategy and see if it is right for you. If not, just read both together and then dive into the questions. Best of luck!

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

It basically makes you less likely to confuse the content of the two passages, which is something they try to induce in many answer choices.

• coldbrewithoatcoldbrewithoat Core Member
    111 karma

@canihazJD said:
    It basically makes you less likely to confuse the content of the two passages, which is something they try to induce in many answer choices.

This is what I am thinking. I am going to try out both strategies and see which one serves me best!

• coldbrewithoatcoldbrewithoat Core Member
    111 karma

@MattDegz14 said:
    It's really up to you. I've never done it that way and have been fine on comparative passages. I usually am either perfect or miss 1 question on comparative passages. I would say try out his strategy and see if it is right for you. If not, just read both together and then dive into the questions. Best of luck!

I totally agree. Thanks, you too!